Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Draped Bust Large Cent 1796-1807 and two sided tails wheat cent from Town Poor Farm

Black Davy

Well my bro "Atlas" and I got permission to hunt the "Town Poor Farm" active 1850 to 1950. I worked it with him two days and he went back for more, I only have shots of my two days and yes I dug loads of trash!

On the first day I dug a old 5&10 trick wheat cent tails on both side, at the time I dug it I was seeing dollars!!:bouncy: but a quick search on my phone told me the truth. After a little rubbing the seam was visible, well at least its a old trick coin!, sorry no close ups of this one.Not shown is the nice Howitzer toy cannon (not shown) from I would say 60's based on knowing what toys looked like when I was a kid.

The second day proved the best as I dug a draped bust large cent, it was really crusty prior to me cooking it!! we were able to identify the front bust as a draped bust from 1796-1807, but me being impatient I cooked it in stages to try to see a date but to no avail!.

Only one silver coin a 1945 P nickle.

Well on the poor farm all you could really expect to find would be pennies and this proved true. I am not sure of our total tally for coins, if Atlas post also he found some cool buttons. I still have about a month to get back there and hunt before the property gets sold.

Nice finds Davy that large cent is pretty cool. I'll layout my finds from that hunt and post soon.

wheats - wheats - and more wheats but no silver for me. I think we'll rename it the penny farm.

I'm sure there is more left as we did not cover every inch. Some 90degree cross gridding might pop something loose as well.

HH