Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

dredging/ nugget shooting

yankee joe

Has every one given up dredging and started nugget shooting as this forum reflects because of California or other. I started coin shooting in Florida in 81. It was great. There was still lots of silver coins in the ground. That broke the ground for gold prospecting. I now live in NC. and have been dredging since 85. I am now retired and have time to pursue it vigorously The dredging forums have dried up or died out and social media is a bunch of hooooey. Where has every body gone?

Hi Joe, I live in Kentucky and dredge when and if this dam rain ever stopes. I have got to go one time this year. I sold my Proline 2.5" but still have have my 2" and a 3" Keens. If water is up 1.5 to 2' I can still use my 2" but over that the 3" high banker dredge don't work well.I migh need to come to S.C and dredge with you. I can detect even in rain, but not knee deep water. When I get where I can dredge I will post it for you. flintstone

Good to hear from you Flintstone. I sure miss the nineties when Tom Ashworth forum was a buzz. I could post and get return posts from coast to coast. Lots pictures and stories. I am a true 49er. Borne in 1949, 100 years to late. I will never get rich but still enjoy the thrill of the hunt more than the catch. I am now in the process of converting an older Keene crash box dredge to a flare for my partner of 20 year. I have posted on several forums for a used flare but with no success, I know there are lots of used parts out there. Most of every thing on e-bay is ether trash. hipe or over priced. I also am having a problem with the rain. The water is so high and the woods are so full that the stream I work will be high most of the summer, The spot I was working last fall with the long arm I will have to work this summer with air. So much for complaining take care and keep digging.

I miss Tom's forum to, it had a lot of information about gold dredging. I think everyone has got to old to do much anymore, gold digging is hard work, but I love it. I did have 4 friends that went with me some but now they are to tired or something else is going on. I will soon be 66 years young, with a broken back but I still get out there. Some days I don't get much but love to just be in the creek. When us old guys are gone it will be over for small time prospectors. GPAA has about fell apart, people don't want you on there land, I might just give it up soon myself. What size flare do you need? If I run in to one, I will let you know. flintstone

The only gold equipment I have is a few detectors and a pan. I Live in NC as well YankeeJoe, I'm in the Charlotte area, wherebouts are you ? I've been to Thermal City gold mine a few times, I'd like to go more, I just have to many commitments, I'm trying to start limiting that , wish me luck, haha. I almost bought a 2 in dredge off of craigslist last year, it was on there for about a month, when I finally made up my mind to get it, it was gone, think long, think wrong, it's gone.
If I could get the time,I wouldn't mind helping you do some digging one weekend to try and learn how it's done, I'm not trying to steal your spot, I dont usually go where I'm not wanted or needed, and I don't need anything bad enough that I need to steal it, so your spot would be safe.
Me and a buddy went to Thermal city on the last day they were open last year, with a homemade sluice and not the right equipment to find anything. But it was relaxing just being away from people. That was the only time all year I could go, and didn't really have the time to go then, just figured I could calm that itch down till this year.
Let me know if you're close by and want to be a teacher for the day, by the way, I'm 55 , not in the best of shape , but do have a shape, they say round is a shape, haha.
Nice to learn from you as well Mr Flintstone.