Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dredging with a 2" Keens

Flintstone

Hi all, I have a Keens 2" dredge, and a 3" Keens Highbanker dredge combo. I use the 2'" most because where I go it is easer to get to the water, the 3" about kills me. I have a bad back anyway. What I was think that the gold I get is small gold, would it get better gold if I put the 3" sluice on the 2" floats to get the small gold. The 2" has a Honda and I never run it wide open, so if I put the 3" sluice and run faster will hold small gold better? Just a idea that I had for this year dredging. Let me know what you think. Thanks flintstone

Not sure but the 3 inch might need more water flow than your engine can pump.
My thoughts are... Attach the 3 inch to the end of your 2 inch sluice box. After running the dredge and doing your cleanup see if there is any fine gold caught in the 3 inch sluice. If not... then you are successfully catching the fines in your 2 inch set up. You could also run the engine faster and see again if any fine gold is being caught. If not then just stick with your original setup.
I tested this similar scenario on my 4 inch dredge with a hand held sluice attached to the back and found no additional gold meaning none was being lost out the back.