Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

dropped cz20 on pavement

got to the beach and turned it on and it was going nuts, screaching all the time, any fix or do I sent it to Fisher, I know the will convert it, it's an 8 inch coil, if I have to send it in can they change coils to at the same time, and a guessemit of the cost, thanks

Sorry to hear about your CZ. It hurts reading about it.

I'd say just call them and talk to them about an estimate to convert and put the coil on it that you want. I think that will get you the most accurate answer.
tvr

I called Fisher and talked to Felix and he said if I ship it they will convert it and it might be an extra 100 to fix it or more , he didn't know, then I asked how much more if I changed it to a 10 inch coil, it was getting up over 500 bucks, so I did what I always do when I think something is going to cost to much to fix, I bought the machine used for 360, I took it apart, long story short, I saw a disconnected wire and re sod it, put it all together and it didn't work, took it all apart and turned the battery plug in around and tested apart, , it worked, put it all togther and it still works, was going to go out and it pouring buckets here, I'll go out tomorrow and check what the storm turned up, some times I amaze myself

Glad to hear it still has life in it. Hope it holds up well for you.
Cheers,
tvr

u2robert said:
Why would it not be water proof? the units put together with water tight gaskets, right

I think scubadetector was just trying to say that when you take apart something that's been assembled with 'water tight gaskets', you'd typically want to use all new gaskets, o-rings, and seals to guarantee water tightness when reassembling. Just like you wouldn't re-use old gaskets and seals on a car's water pump (for instance). The smallest nicks can cause leaking under pressure.

I'm sure it's probably still sand proof, and weather/water/splash 'resistant'...and certainly worth trying for the $500.00 saved. Especially on a $360.00 detector.

Good luck, Caretaker, and let us know what goodies you find!

:)
mike

I have an extra 10 inch coil from the CZ20 if you need one. When I was a newbie to detecting, I was having so much trouble pin pointing in the water that I had the factory replace the 10" coil with the smaller one. I got back my old coil and it has sat on a shelf ever since. Of course, when I bought a CZ21 I bought it with the larger coil.

If you find a place to get the gaskets for the 20, please let me know. I got the battery compartment wet last year during a dive and didn't notice until a battery exploded and rotted away the wire harness. I think I will have to open it up to wire up a new harness.