Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Drought Ended

hotrodzincoln

Hi, I’m traveling full time now in an RV with my wife and Red Dog. Been detecting at a park in So. Arizona. Found a 2014 high school ladies class ring. Besides the blue center stone it has two small diamonds on opposite sides of the ring. They're real - I tested them. I can’t tell by the marks inside the ring whether it is silver or white gold. The marks are a “C” in a circle which I guess means copyright, a “J” in a diamond shape which is for Jostens, and either SEW or 5EW. I haven’t been able to find the meaning for that. The company that made this ring offers this style in both metals. If it is silver it would have cost $450. The owner’s initials are engraved on the other side so the next step is to track her down and return it. This ring broke the precious metals finds drought. The last thing I found was a platinum ring in December 2015.

Also found a Buck knife, a stylus with a pen that still works, a Kennedy clad half dollar and an Australian 20 cent piece. Although not valuable, the Kennedy halves don’t show up very often, at least for me. This is only the third one I’ve found in the past several years.

Thanks - I should add that the TID for the ring was 76 which usually means a zinc penny. I always dig pennies (and pull tabs) because sometimes they turn out to be rings.

I don't recall ever finding a class ring that didn't read up in the penny range. Again, neat find! HH jim tn