Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DRS Ground Exper "Digital Pulse"

landman

The former engineer from Nokta who split and started his own company in Germany DRS
has a detector called the Ground Exper. I've owned it and sold it and am repurchasing the new Pro version.
Here's what I know and then I have a question. The detectors strength is the discrimination abilities.
And ability to handle mineralization.

Here's a video demo

My question is, What could possibly a "digital pulse" be. I do not know much about the internal working the electronics of a detector but I was told that it's ability to be a good discriminator is that the machine only reads the + part of the sign wave. What are your thoughts?

Here's the first experiment. Trying to make this into a temporary coin hunting machine.
Tell me does this "digital pulse" which I have not a clue what that means,
discriminate like a pulse machine? this is either a hybrid or something from Area 51.
https://youtu.be/NKnBhoU6p-k

landman said:
The former engineer from Nokta who split and started his own company in Germany DRS
has a detector called the Ground Exper. I've owned it and sold it and am repurchasing the new Pro version.
Here's what I know and then I have a question. The detectors strength is the discrimination abilities.

Here's a video demo

My question is, What could possibly a "digital pulse" be. I do not know much about the internal working the electronics of a detector but I was told that it's ability to be a good discriminator is that the machine only reads the + part of the sign wave. What are your thoughts?

***********************************************************​

landman said:

Here's a video demo

*******************************************************************​

The only initial clue, is there in the picture.

The search-loop has an elliptical 'receiver' coil. straddling the rear sector of the main TX loop.

So we have a basic configuration for a 'balanced induction search- head'.

It is that factor which then allows discrimination, by 'synchronous phase sampling, with reference to the TX pulse.

That's s a basic approach.

You can then refine the discrimination, by 'windowing' the sampled signal, to more selectively choose the 2nd level of discrim,

Notice the audio response 'delay' one can hear in the video?

I would also be interested in the limitations of sweep speed required to obtain an obvious audio response.

I suspect this unit would only be a 'surface scraper'....(nugget size dependant)

We can only speculate..I need accurate coil dimensions, Tx prf rate, and some idea of transmitter current involved, for whatever pulse width used.

Aussie soil will be the determining factor......and the intelligence of the operator, to know what routine tests to employ in a manner that reveals the

unit's optimum search-sweep-rate etc.

We will monitor forum for feedback......What's the cost of the unit?......Matt