Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Drum beat?:stars:

cladkiller

Hello, i have a question, Ive been running Bryce,s settings and have had great success, but lately between the nulling on iron im getting
what i Describe as a( drum beat) type sound, very hollow sound any ideas? any help would be appreciated.
thanks David

sounds like the signal you get on large shallow targets. i thought it was something electrical in the ground until i run the coil over a large sewer cover.

Hello David,
Are you running auto sensitivity? I find that with auto sens. and even low manual sen. (below 20) there are some "in-between tones" that show up. This may be what you are hearing. Try running it in manual sensitivity at around 23 if you can. See if that helps.
HH - BF

hello Big fang coin biter, Ive been running my machine in auto sensitivity around 26,( gain 10 ),(variability 10),( th. tone 6 ) ,( limits 10)
(volume10 max limit) ( response normal)(sounds conductive) ( iron mask at 16) it seems to be happening more when hitting multiple items in the ground and right after Ive nulled out on some iron , its got me puzzled, Ive only been running the explorer se about 6 months now, and im sure its probably how i have my machine set up !! Ive had great success with it so far , just wondered if someone else has
had some experience with the same hollow drum sound, ( i guess i should just dig it and find out !!!!!!!!!
i appreciate the response B F
David

I have only experienced that a couple of times in the last few years.

This might not have anything to do with the reason you are experiencing it...but on both occasions for me it was some grit and debris buildup because I hadn't removed the coil cover in some time to clean it.

You might also try putting your sensitivity at manual 26 after cleaning between the coil and cover...and see if it helps.