Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

dry bone

bbqman

Do you guys know how sickening it is to see a city block leveled and scraped and not be able to detect it because it is like concrete? I tried early this morning, before our 45th day in a row of 100 plus temps sets in. I`ve seen some bad ones down here, but this one takes the cake. Pray for rain for us, my friends !

Randy,

I am from NE Okla. Here is what we had until a few days ago. Here we had the hottest June on record with an average daily high of 93.1 with a rainfall of .93 inches. July was 101.7 with 1.02 inches of rain. Up until yesterday, August has averaged 109.6 with .16 inches of rainfall. Not a misprint, the average daily high for the first 7 days of Aug was 109.6. I haven't be able to dig in a while. I chisel stuff out of the ground. We are several hundred miles north and east of you but I have a sense of your pain for sure. Relief is on the way.
It rained 2.93 inches on the 10Th and 5.84 inches yesterday. Way to much to soon but much welcomed anyway.

PryorCreekJoe

PryorCreekJoe said:
Randy,

I am from NE Okla. Here is what we had until a few days ago. Here we had the hottest June on record with an average daily high of 93.1 with a rainfall of .93 inches. July was 101.7 with 1.02 inches of rain. Up until yesterday, August has averaged 109.6 with .16 inches of rainfall. Not a misprint, the average daily high for the first 7 days of Aug was 109.6. I haven't be able to dig in a while. I chisel stuff out of the ground. We are several hundred miles north and east of you but I have a sense of your pain for sure. Relief is on the way.
It rained 2.93 inches on the 10Th and 5.84 inches yesterday. Way to much to soon but much welcomed anyway.

PryorCreekJoe

God blessed y`all with that rain Joe. It got fairly close today, came within 50 miles and the string of 100 degree temps was broken today. Still no rain, but I know it will break someday. The trees have the color of November here. HH I did pull out a 1910 wheatie today, first find of any kind since may. LOL

Hope you get some rain and cooler weather soon. I pity the poor farmers in TX & OK. They are really out of luck. Here in NE OH , we had the second hottest June on record. I hope relief is in sight soon for you guys. Take care & HH.

WE HAVE HAD THE SAME MISERABLE HEAT HERE IN OKLA CITY,I ONLY GO LATE EVE FOR A OR TWO,
AND YES I HAVE HAD TO CHISEL IT OUT OF THE GROUND -BUT I HAVE SOME NICE FINDS OVER THE LAST MONTH -WILL BE POSTING THEM ALL --VERY SOON
WEATHER WILL BREAK SOON AND THEN ITS ON,GOOD LUCK ----CURTIS

curtis n said:
WE HAVE HAD THE SAME MISERABLE HEAT HERE IN OKLA CITY,I ONLY GO LATE EVE FOR A OR TWO,
AND YES I HAVE HAD TO CHISEL IT OUT OF THE GROUND -BUT I HAVE SOME NICE FINDS OVER THE LAST MONTH -WILL BE POSTING THEM ALL --VERY SOON
WEATHER WILL BREAK SOON AND THEN ITS ON,GOOD LUCK ----CURTIS

Yes, Curtis, it will break and yes it WILL be on ! :) HH