Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dry vs Wet ground

autopilot42

Just wanted to hear from others on their experience between the two. Other than digging which is easier I seem to have more of a problem pinpointing with the metal detector and my pin pointer seems to false more. For reference my GB was about 55 and the ground meter was about half up the scale for minerals. I was in the woods and saw where I was digging before and the foot print of the holes I dug were quite a bit smaller when the ground was dry compared to the very moist ground tonight. The targets are the same I was digging before.

Take care

Bob

When the ground is damp//wet the halo around that coin seems to be charged; dry conditions seem to produce much weaker signals than similar items at similar depths.

There is definitely a difference between the two, damp conditions are the best and also cloudy conditions help even more. My F5 goes down about 10% deeper in damp conditions over dry.

Definitely a bit more depth in damp ground. Now wet ground...well for me it makes most of my detectors too sparky. I don't hunt when it is wet around here as it is not too much fun and if I wait a few days for it just me moist or damp..then it is much better. Hunt the exact same fields when it has been a hot dry summer and depth can drop of easily 10-15% easily....and at least.

Damp, and cooler ground is much better than HOT full sun dry ground.

Mark