Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dual 6'' coil for Nexus Standard SE...........

Mega

I have had the Nexus Standard SE for some time,this came with the dual 9'' coil option on the machine,which gives amazing depth on my pasture or deep ploughed and rolled sites,but i am also looking at adding the dual 6'' coil option to the machine.

Trouble is the 6'' coils are harder to find,so have been told by the designer of these machines that the MK11 dual 6'' coil will work just as well,only trouble is the coil plug will have to be changed over,this is not a problem as such but its locating the new coil plug that could be the problem,so my 2 options are either wait till a SE coil come along or get the much more readily available MK11 and modify it,gut feeling tells me i will go down the latter option route.

The dual 9'' coil is phenomenally deep on pasture and the 6'' option is not far behind it depth wise,but the smaller coil is so much nicer to swing all day,was using the larger coil on pasture last sunday and the depth from this detector/coil combinations is amazing,wont get into the realms of actual quoting depths,but it basically does all that i want from a pasture machine.

Today will try and find out what the actual part no for the coil plug actually is then try and locate one on the internet.

Almost certain that i have located a dual 6'' coil for my Nexus,so basically no longer looking.