Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dual Cleansweep setup help needed

Shansiden

Hi, this is my first post, although I've been lurking for quite a while.
Perhaps someone knows the best way to connect 2 cleansweep coils to a Silver Sabre umax. Can both coils be joined with a Y connector? I have a rig all set, but the wiring is giving me a headache

Shansiden said:
Hi, this is my first post, although I've been lurking for quite a while.
Perhaps someone knows the best way to connect 2 cleansweep coils to a Silver Sabre umax. Can both coils be joined with a Y connector? I have a rig all set, but the wiring is giving me a headache

Sorry, there is no best way. It won't work. The transmitter circuit is designed to drive a (single) searchcoil that's designed to work with that circuit.

I presume you mean 36 inches long and maybe 3 inches wide. After you've matched the inductance and resistance of the stock coil, it'll be extremely heavy and you'll have to hold it 'way out in front of you. If the ground isn't flat and level, you won't be able to get it close to the ground. And whatever you're expecting it to do, it probably won't do that. After 5 minutes you'll realize it was all a waste of time.

What is it that you're trying to achieve?

Hi, sure it seems a bit strange, but I would like to wheel a coil down the beach using an ardurove. It will record the location of each hit to a data log, I can then decide whether to walk the length of the beach that day. Just an edisonian waste of time lol. Thanks for the input

I have a friend who uses 3 on a sled. He has 3 cleansweeps - each one connected to its own Tesoro detector.

I would think the only real way would be using 2 detector/cleansweeps side by side,bu of course the you start getting into problems of the setup being VLF based would in theory only work on dry sand,then of course the biggest problem is that you are looking at using a data logging device on the setup,which i dont think would work very well.

Interesting project and i can see what you are trying to achieve,but with the detector and coil and the data logger that you have suggested and also the beach conditions could well be very hard project.

I would have said that its achievable if you use a pulse with a frame based coil,i have a 36''x36'' frame coil that i have been experimenting with and it may be possible and make into the shape of a very wide coil say a very wide but narrow footprint,that would work i would think and also work on both wet and dry sand conditions unlike the Tesoro VLF set that you have mentioned,but then one problem is that we dont have a clue what/how data logger you had planned on using ??

I personally think it would be a waste of time going down the VLF route especially the tesoro option,but could well work or achievable with a Pulse setup.