Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dual Field Coil Application Questions.

PennyFinder

Would I be able to put my TDI coil on my GoldQuest SS v2?
On my Barracuda, what would it entail to install a Surf PI Dual Field coil on the ol'Cuda ?
Are they all interchangeable? :beers:

HH
PennyFinder

Pennyfinder,

I don't know of any reason the TDI coil wouldn't work on your GoldquestSS V2. I don't remember the connector used on the GQ but I think there was an adapter made at one time so make it so you could use ML coils. Option 2 would be to change the GQ connector if it doesn't have the 5 pin connecter needed.

The GQ has a limiting resistor so no harm could come to it.

I am not familiar with the Barracuda but I suspect you could do the same on it and try the DF coil. The Barracuda probably has a delay long enough I suspect there wouldn't be any problems, but this is a guess. Again, an adapter would be needed to try it.

Reg

Thanks for the reply Reg. Yes my GoldQuest has the adapter for the Minelab SD/GP coils, but somewhere I read the at you shouldn't put TDI coils on a Minelab.
Here is a thread about the Anchor Electronics Barracuda with a Whites DualField coil on it...apparently the Cuda is a hot rodded Whites Surf PI.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?26,1691800

Another question I have can you put the Whites Surf PI on the Whites TDI?

Any ideas on a good sub 10

Hi Pennyfinder,

You are right, the TDI coils won't work on a ML but ML coils will work on a TDI. Actually, the TDI is very forgiving and can use coils from most PI's. They just might not work at the minimum delay.

I don't know the specs of the DF coil used on the Surf DF White's makes. So, I can't say for sure just how well it would work or whether it would get too warm or not. I guess you could try it and see.

Eric is about the only one I know who could make coils work super fast. I never did figure out all his tricks. So, I can't tell you what coil will work well on your GQ at a sub 10 usec. As a general rule, smaller diameter coils will work at shorter delays, so you may have to build your own before it is over. Fortunately, it isn't that difficult.

Reg

Eric designed the Dual Field coil for the Surf PI with great improvement over the previous models, I've read. Gee Reg I don't think have the technical savy to build a better coil than you Reg or especially Eric. I'd better stick to the tailor mades. What do you think of the smaller TDI Dual Field, do you think is is a hot one for sub 10

Hi,
I use for 1 month now carbon coil 14 inches
on GoldQuest V3 / connector / GPX

http://www.carboncoils.com/

works perfectly and takes little
an alliance of more than 1 g / 20 cm black sand
than 11 inches would not have ...

big advantage they are waterproof
one fault, it does not start to 10 us, but almost ....

"" I doubt that the coils tdi / dual starts at 10 us ..... ""

Last 3 hunts with carbon
Good hunting for 2013