Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dual Field Hunters

rarysgaard

Question, would like feedback from veteran owners of Dual Field, are they difficult to pin point with? I see the coil configuration with the small coil within a coil & wonder if that is the pinpoint target? I am considering buying one. any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

rarysgaard said:
Question, would like feedback from veteran owners of Dual Field, are they difficult to pin point with? I see the coil configuration with the small coil within a coil & wonder if that is the pinpoint target? I am considering buying one. any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Pin pointing NO! Small coil is actually the same windings as the outer coil. It's to improve sensitivity to smaller gold pieces. I guess it does help with pin pointing too.

Robert
Like any pulse the DF takes some getting used to. Becasue of the coil size you will probably do better getting hold of targets with a larger-mouth scoop. I find that the DF pinponts great and at worst I sometimes have to tilt the coil a bit to see which side of the dig the target is on. When you are dealing with a machine that puts out such a big feild, targets are by relation smaller. This is a small price to pay.
Hope this helps you to go ahead becasue this kind of detecting punch makes hunting old sites into a whole other ball game.
rgrds,
clive

If you have any PI experience you'll be fine. If not be prepared to dig more than ever before!!:)

Thanks for the info. I currently have a Detector Pro Head Hunter pulse which I have used to find a couple really nice old & deep rings in a heavily pounded swimming area. I found the rings with the 8" coil. Have a hard time pinpointing with the 11" coil. Maybe because the targets are so deep & I am Assuming that I am missing them. Can anyone give me an opinion on comparing the 2 detectors. I bought Clive's books on the pulse specifically on the use of the Dual Field & pulse in general. Excellent books! Very informative. So if bought Dual Field could certainly apply it. I know Cupajo consistently posts good finds with his. I know CJC also puts his to good use. Welcome comments & feedback!