Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Duel Field the only game in town ?

EZrider

When it comes to PI detectors ?

I'd say not! There are many good units out there! Whites surfmaster series (all), Garrett Infinium LS, Detector Pro Headhunter pulse, The Barracuda (if you can still find one) and the Goldquest Aquasearch V2. I run the Dual field myself and IMHO you can't go wrong with it (very good unit) I'm saving my pennies up for the GQA2 This unit is the top of the line in pulse units. You might want to pick up Clive's book called "Pulsepower" a lot of good information in it! Edit Non sponsor HH
PS. The Tesoro Sand shark is a good one too! (priced right)

The sand shark was my other consideration. As a water hunter i know it's a matter of when not if something will break down. I have one of CJC books. I will order the pulse power. Couple of questions to you guys.

Does the coil on the DF PI float like the older ones do ?

What would be the advatige over the SS vs DF ?

The Dual Field has great audio like a VLF unit in all metal. So with practice you can tell what something might be. It's size, shape and how far away it is from the coil. (a big help cuts down on digging trash items!) yes the coil wants to float but haven't had much of an issue with that. cjc has a book on the DF he talks about all of this in it. Most other PI's are just some type of a beep (not as much information)

Depends on your experiance and location.Garrett Sea Hunter is both pi and vlf .Priced right ,proven service.Good luck!
Wayne

I still say, if you use a PI machine....dig everything. You *COULD* miss a broken or thin ring.

waterwayne said:
Depends on your experiance and location.Garrett Sea Hunter is both pi and vlf .Priced right ,proven service.Good luck!
Wayne

I've seen a post somewhere else that states the same thing "Garrett Sea Hunter is both pi and vlf " I don't see that listed as a feature on the Garrett website?
They got it listed as....

Circuit Type- Pulse Induction

Multiple Frequency Technology, 22 frequencies

Waterwayne,
Could point me to some literature stating that by Garrett? The concept of a VLF and Pulse Induction all in one unit would be a great idea!

I bought a DetectorPro Head Hunter PI with both the 8" & 11" coils and have been very happy with it. It is extremely deep & sensitive. I almost bought the Dual field. I haven't used it but it gets rave reviews on the forum from it's users.

I spoke with Garrett directly and they explained the descreat mode is in fact a vlf.thats why the disc works on the discreate so well .Has to be kept in motion.ultra smooth less depth.Wayne