Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dues GB question and general questions

brianfloyd

Hi. Pretty new to the deus. I've got the 11 in coil and the ws4s. Done a lot of testing and playing in the yard and taken it on a couple of short hunts. Really like it, light, easy to tweek well balanced etc. I have a GB question. Seems like the default is 90 how do most of you run your GB? For simplicity let's say my pump GB usually hits 75-77 in my area. That's a big difference, should I leave it at 75 or maybe go slightly negative? I think I see quiet a bit of a performance increase after pumping for GB. What's your preference tracking, pump or manual? Also looking at custom programs / where to go look and read about them maybe some examples with explanations on why this and that work. I don't want to just copy someone's, program, what kind of fun would that be. I've made a couple of programs that seem to work well but I like to read as much as I cam anytime I get a new toy and you guys seem to be pretty sharp. Thanks for all input
Brian

Tracking GB works. When going to a new site I like to let mine run and monitor to see what's going on with the ground.

Pumping works too.

Manual works but I use numbers close to what I see in tracking---sometimes a couple points less-----but if you go to negative nails/iron will start sounding pretty sweet.

Depth with Deus comes from sensitivity setting usually >90 approaching 95,
Depth also comes with lower reactivty setting i.e.0 or 1.
Depth also comes with less filtering hence a silencer setting of -1.
Depth also comes with less disc---usually folks will run somewhere around 6.0
Your audio report/vol can be turned up a bit to hear the weaker signals---deep ones usually
Frequency can affect depth depending on the target's being higher or lower conductor i.e. don't expect to be hitting deep nickels in 4khz

This is a crash course with Deus and depth,

Now remember the settings providing the deeper depth detection are also the slowest in recovery---so they won't be the best in heavy iron/nails.

And the settings where the Deus has the faster/fastest recovery---more ideal for the nail pits etc won't be as deep.

So in a nutshell you can't have both peak separation and peak depth. But reactivity setting 2 silencer -1 is a good compromise--good depth/good separation.

Also should point out Deus is faster than most other detectors recovery speed wise even at reactivity setting 2---could actually be the fastest.(coil size to coil size vs other detectors)

Cheers

Some of whats said above is good stuff.I set Manual and do use Tracking but its situational. Best advise is spend the 20 bucks for Andy's book.