Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dues "Plays Ball" on 2nd hunt.

HEBEGB

Well, I was able to get out for a couple of hours today for my 2nd hunt with my new Deus. The first hunt was only for about an hour-and-a-half at a very small and very trashy park a couple of weeks ago. It was hard to get any kind of a feel for the machine on that hunt and nothing but trash was found on that day. I spent a little time playing around with air tests trying to get a feel for the tones and VDI on the Deus yesterday. I also got a chance to modify a couple of stock programs (CZconnoisseur's version of Coop's bottle cap program). I copied his version of the 4KHz program as my 11th program and another as an 8KHz program as my 12th. Fast forward to today. My buddy campb1 and I went to a turn of the century house with a pretty small yard that we don't think has ever been worked before. There was a fair amount of trash, and initially, I started in the 4KHz program. The Deus was pretty chatty as I started working this yard directly under some power lines. I was able to switch to the 8KHz program and run pretty quiet through the rest of the yard, toggling back to the 4KHz program to check iffy targets (it did a pretty darn good job I.D.ing rusty bottle caps). Anyway to make a long story short, I ended up with a 1941 Washington, a 1937 Merc, and this silver baseball pendant. That is almost as much silver as I had ever found after nearly three years of hunting with a CTX. Bear in mind that I don't get many chances to hunt, so I had not spent countless hours with the CTX, but I sure do already feel like I am already beginning to click with this machine!

By the way, thank you CZ (and everyone else in this forum) for helping me understand a little about this machine before even getting it in my hands!

That was a great 2nd hunt! The Deus is treating you well!

Glad to see it's working out well for you - sometimes 4 khz can be a little chatty around power sources! But it's also great for navigating bottlecaps and small aluminum trash!