Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dug a dandy Civil War token today

Larry (IL)

I dug a couple of tokens this afternoon, one being a 1863 Civil War token, 630-B-1A R4. It is in the lower right and looks like a 1863 IH on one side and the other side has B. Holcomb, Dealer in Groceries and Stoneware, Mishawaka, Indiana. I have yet to research the bigger token which is a heads you win, tails you lose merchandising token, but the CW token is great find.

[attachment 227978 cid_A6081E272AC54F6190D026EF0F0A7819NancyPC.png]

[attachment 227979 today2.jpg]

Nice job Larry. I see it has a hole in it also. :thumbup: cch.

I have not ID'd the "hole" token yet EJ, the Civil War token is the IH on the right. The other token is interesting as well, it has an Angel sitting on a chamber pot on the other side of it.

I have found when a hole is in a token it means it has been cashed or used or on other occasions the hole was for a necklece