Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dug a gorgeous 1914 Barber dime

Ed (Upstate NY)

Got out for a quick hunt at a downtown Albany park that has been hunted to death and pulled a beautiful 1914 Barber dime and a 1905 Indian head cent out of the same hole. This one is in my top ten Barber dimes dug list. Just a quick water rinse and she shines like the day she was minted.

1914barber1a.jpg1914barber3.jpg1914barber2a.jpg1905iha.jpg

Good for you . Those Barber dimes are a work of art. I know the park and wished I could have hunted it.. I was working in the area years ago.. Congrats !! Hunted to death ha ha . Well you resurrected a nice silver. HH

Last edited:
I found a 1945 small S a couple years ago and it looked like it was dropped same year. I guess if you look and the law of averages then one could drop a really worn coin or a brand new one!!

Nice find in great shape I had a spill with a barber a v nickel and a Indian all stuck together !
Mark

Parks never hunted out. Sometimes you just have to cover the same sites under different weather conditions, from many different directions many times. You have to get coil over target to find the prize. Great Job.

CARVER

Parks never hunted out. Sometimes you just have to cover the same sites under different weather conditions, from many different directions many times. You have to get coil over target to find the prize. Great Job.

CARVER
Total truth right there. I have a couple spots (all I have really) where the ground just keeps giving up stuff. I really believe weather affects a machine. Angle of approach is another big deal. Using different machines and coils... plus it’s just fun to do!

Total truth right there. I have a couple spots (all I have really) where the ground just keeps giving up stuff. I really believe weather affects a machine. Angle of approach is another big deal. Using different machines and coils... plus it’s just fun to do!
That's the truth. I keep hunting parks that have been hunted before and keep finding stuff. Mostly clad here in So. California.