Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dug a little in the trash and found some shiny

attachment 312798 image.jpg [attachment 312799 image.jpg]
Tonight I had an awesome 2 hour hunt. I started out with the Eldorado Umax with the 7" widescan and found some coins and a religious medal with an angel on both sides about the size of a quarter. The Eldorado and the 7" coil had me on my knees so much digging targets it started to get tiring and time was flying. Just getting my feet wet with the Eldorado Umax and the 7" widescan. After 45 minutes I switched to the compadre. Then things started happening I pulled the 1926 s wheat penny out of the ground. Did not get to see the date until I got home, it was getting dark. A little bit before going home I was running the compadre on the f in foil and hit a good target I dug down and popped out the 10k gold bracelet, .925 bracelet and silver ring out of the hole (picture of trash and coins are in signature). I checked them for markings when I got home. I did not want to loose them, plus people were watching me dig. This is the first hunt I have had in a while that was over 30 minutes. First time I have found a ring and two bracelets in one hunt. It's been a while since I have found gold as well. You have to dig the trash to get the treasure. The one knob wonder strikes again. Good luck and HH

Nice! Big congrats, that's what it all about right there, and you got it! Gold.
Posts like this make me want to buckle down and give the compadre a decent workout again.

Nice finds! I like seeing the trash piles. It shows the work that finding the good stuff requires.

Nice going! :thumbup: That little one knob wonder kicks butt. Here's an ideal, add a ground balance and the ability to swap search coils. I'd buy one.

tabman

A special thanks to Tabdog-if you're still out there-for hounding me to get the Compadre for 3 years. I'm glad I listened!:angel:

Now thats a cool and wonderful find! I bet that signal would have never been dug by most other hunters...it had to sound really crappy on a multitone machine, like a bottlecap I bet or worse! No way anybody would have gotten that one!
Very nice score and WELL DONE!:please:
Mud

Nice hunt just no way to tell trash from treasure in our time if only aluminum was never discovered. it would be even better .

mudpuppy said:
Now thats a cool and wonderful find! I bet that signal would have never been dug by most other hunters...it had to sound really crappy on a multitone machine, like a bottlecap I bet or worse! No way anybody would have gotten that one!
Mud

that's what I keep telling my mate and why Tesoro's work :biggrin:

AJ

amberjack said:
mudpuppy said:
Mud

AJ

What's real convincing is laying a bunch of nails, pull tabs, screw caps, and pry caps and can slaw out on the ground and then throw some silver coins and gold rings in amongst the trash. Detectors with a visual ID are useless at finding the gold rings and silver coins in all that thrash. They can't correctly ID a gold ring from a pull tab or a silver coin that's lying next to trash. I can't tell you how many times while I've had the discrimination set just high enough to discriminate out nails or small foil and get a good audio signal with one of my Tesoro detectors and find a nail in the hole and look further in the hole and find a coin. Once a site is cherry picked, it's best to pull out a Tesoro to get the rest.

tabman

Wow! You had a great hunt. Congrats. I always feel funny about people watching and when they come around I usually pack it up and move on.

Thank you for all your feed back on an unforgettable hunt. I learned my lessons on hunting on the f in foil or lower by reading here on this forum 3 years ago. I read a post by tabman or Revier that said to hunt with the compadre in the 9 o'clock position on the dial. I tried hunting on the iron setting in the park one day and ended up bringing home my 1st 14k ring. That was my 2nd year of detecting, 1st year with the compadre. It is tempting sometimes to want to just go to the higher disc (the 3 o'clock position) , but I have found all my gold jewelry at the f in foil or lower. I used to hate digging the tabs, but now I am just throwing them in a container and will turn them in for recycling. Now I love to dig junk in a place, because it means the place has either not been touched by a detector or was detected on such a high disc that they left me the treasure. The compadre pinpoints so easy and makes recovery so fast that it is not a big deal to dig everything. Thank you to all of you for your wisdom and advice. I have been detecting for 4 years now and wish I would have found this forum, Tesoro, and the compadre in my 1st year of detecting. I am glad I found both in my 2nd year. Thanks to everyone for making the Tesoro forum the best and I hope everyone sees gold under their coil soon, just not in my kneck of the woods. HH

tabman said:
amberjack said:
mudpuppy said:
Mud

AJ

What's real convincing is laying a bunch of nails, pull tabs, screw caps, and pry caps and can slaw out on the ground and then throw some silver coins and gold rings in amongst the trash. Detectors with a visual ID are useless at finding the gold rings and silver coins in all that thrash. They can't correctly ID a gold ring from a pull tab or a silver coin that's lying next to trash. I can't tell you how many times while I've had the discrimination set just high enough to discriminate out nails or small foil and get a good audio signal with one of my Tesoro detectors and find a nail in the hole and look further in the hole and find a coin. Once a site is cherry picked, it's best to pull out a Tesoro to get the rest.

tabman[/quote

yes well said, have a park I pulled all the cherries out off, now slowly digging the rest, so far 1 gold ring might be more might not be but I will find out, using the Compadre and Outlaw to do the deed.
yep don't need numbers once the cherries have been picked :bouncy:

I use numbers if I am in a new spot or have travelled and only have X amount of time, or for silver coins etc..

so all machines have a place but when the cherries are gone Tesoro's are unbeatable :bouncy: I don't have to think I just have to work hard, and not everyone is cut out for it and some days neither am I , but I don't think I have to worry too much about someone coming and digging my tabs :blowup:

AJ