Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dug Indian Head cent #997 this afternoon.

Ed (Upstate NY)

Just three more to go to reach the 1,000 mark in my 32+ years of metal detecting. They are getting harder and harder to find. In the good old days, I could dig 4-5 every outing. Now I'm lucky to find one every 3-4 times out. The trusty old Explorer SE Pro can still sniff them out though. This one was masked by a soda bottle screw cap but I managed to find it about 6 inches below and off to the side of the cap.

Attachments

• 1869.jpg
    1869.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 283
  • 1869a.jpg
    1869a.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 245
Ed,

Congrats on today's fattie. I haven't dug one of them for quite some time. I was lucky enough to find both S mints, but am missing quite a few from the 60s and 70s.

Heck, at the rate you are going might as well try for 2k.

Chris