Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dug My First Seated Yesterday.

halfdollar

First Coin I found Friday Morning. I couldn't believe it. It only took 34 Years. Also Found a 1872 British Penny, DEEP, Was Black when I pulled it out. I soaked it overnight, But not alot better yet. Also found Two Indian Heads, 1864 and the other one is still soaking. Found 4 Wheats. 1909 1911-s 1926 1927, Also a Bus Token Good For One Fare, And a Couple old Military Buttons.
I didn't think we had this old of coin's in North Dakota, But I was wrong. And very Happy also. I will post the Indians when they are Cleaned. Thanks for looking.

and lots of others have hit this spot for a number of years, I think the rain we got the night before had something to do with it. Thats the main reason I tryed this same worked out spot again. The other Indian was a 1889.

The other Indian head I had in olive Oil was a 1909. Picture of the 1864 indian cleaned up real nice, But it is Worn some, I'll take it tho, Its the Oldest coin I have ever found in North dakota. Thanks for looking.

Congratulations halfdollar,

First seated finds are always the best, That's a day you'll always remember.

WTG :)
Paul (Ca)

I also found a 1864 Indian Head but it was last year at a worked out park. And the 1875 Seated Dime, I also found one last year but my mintmark was CC. Great finds and hope you keep doing well. Good Luck and HH.

Great finds man, congrats on the first seated! BTW how do you clean your copper, that 1864' injun cleaned up real nice, and i have some copper i need to clean up and im not sure the best way. Great job again!

Took it out every other day and Brushed it with a Stiff toothbrush and a little dish soap. if a Guy keeps working um like that, They will mostly all come out fairly nice. But I have had some that didn't clean up to well either even after several months. I tryed Clamato Juice a couple of weeks ago and was really surprized out that worked also. Give each a try and see what you can do with them.

I will have to get out and see if I can take some more old coins out of that area. maybe next week sometime.
Good luck James, I hope you continue in making the great finds you have been posting also.