Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dug my first silver this season at old Camp Malloy

deepdiger60

The other day it was 50* but very windy made it feel to cold !! but my partner wanted me to see this old summer day camp built in 1928 on 140 acres it was there until 1950 where it feel into ruin until the town plowed it all under in 1970 just buried everything in ditches , its a very trashy spot millions of nails the 12x10 coil sucked in that area i should took my 8 inch , now it is a hiking trails area pretty much over grown , i hit a 1951 Rosie first of the season silver and a few wheat's no big deal ,what i like best is the piece of ceramic tube or toilet made in 1896 by Tepeco Potter,es in NJ big company back then you can see a star with a 6 under it i looked it up that means the product was made in 1896 i looked it up on Google , i think it,s from a over head toilet tank that held the water and you pulled a chain to flush and the water would come rushing out of the tank in a pipe to the bowl ,my Grand Father had one in his flat in Brooklyn i remember him saying to me stop playing with the toilet when i was just a kid LOL . The chunk is very thick and heavy i can imagine what the whole thing weighed . I tossed all the junk in the town can and kept 5 things you can see in my photo,s . Jim HH

Very nice breaking the first of the year's cherry on silver, so to speak.

Pottery shards- I'm going to start collecting them. I've heard of people gluing them together in a picture frame and selling for decent money to rich yuppies who want to decorate their house with certain style themes. A little notation plaque at the bottom describing where they came from and your in business for some quick flea market money.

Critter i do save my eyeball finds from fields after a good rain if the field is plowed there is pottery cups bottles even stone arrow heads so far 4 age very very old , that aqua blue bottle just has 3 small pieces missing its a hog nose top from the 1700,s . Keep your eyes peeled . GH Jim

Cool stuff. I always heard the old blue glass was a sign of a site being old. Never have found a blue bottle intact yet, just pieces of glass. One time though I was in the woods and spied blue bottles all together. I ran up and found they were about 5 small pharmacy bottles with raised lettering on them. But, each one had the tops of the bottles busted off them. It was then I realized what had happened- Probably some kid stood them all together like that and threw rocks at them or was using a BB gun. Man, if he only knew what kind of cash they might have been worth. The blue bottles of any type are some of the most sought after by bottle collectors I think, especially if they have raised lettering on them.

I took them home anyway and one day decided to throw them out when cleaning out the garage. Really should have researched them first. Even with the broken bottle mouths on them they might have been worth a few bucks to somebody, and even if not would have looked great on a shelf in my collection. The dark blue glass as beautiful...