Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dumb question for you Garrett guys

WessThompson

does the weather protection hood/cover for the control housing on a GTAx-550 fit the new ACE 250?? Is it the same one still sold? Thanks

n/t

I've seen one made for the Ace 150 & 250 at the following link:

http://www.rtgstore.com.

Scroll down the left hand side & click on Garrett Detectors. It is listed as "RTG Yellow Jacket Rain Cover(#RTGYJ)" And in Yellow to to match the Ace detector. Might have to order one myself. Hope this helps.

Dave
Toledo, OH

I always carry a plastic bag in my goodie bag to cover it with. It looks cheesy but it does the trick at a substantially reduced cost.

You could also cobble something up from the ever ubiquitous duct tape and plastic.

Yeah the clear plastic bags found in the produce department at your local grocery store work great. A big plastic yard bag with three holes cut into it makes a great emergency raincoat when out there. Used to use them on construction.

Bill

Just a plain 1 Qt. Freezer Bag has worked for me . Usually carry several anyway for misc. use.:geek:

[quote Uncle Willy]Yeah they work but the bags I spoke of are clearer, softer, and malleable.

Bill[/quote]

You're right; gotta get some of those. Used the freezer bag 'cause I had one.:geek: