Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Duplicate waypoints

Bob Creasy

At the moment I am using a Garmin 60c which I use for mapping and many waypoints have the same name, Garmin will not allow me to use duplicate waypoint names so I am forced to fiddle with the names to achieve the same thing, then to get them where I want by using Excell,if I am mapping trees and have 10 that are 2.4 mts high think how do I give them all different names its a pain!!!
I like the Garmin screen etc but I will have to buy another GPS what would you recommend I use as a GPS
as I need to get that colour screen etc
regards Bob Creasy

Andrew
thank you for your reply,I am doing something simular, I have a Lowance but the screen is going black with the heat , I have bought a Ipaq 4700 and am still trying to get the softwre to work properly (encom discover mobile) a mapinfo based product,
A comment on Garmin Maps in Australian country area's they are useless
I will have to wait on Lowance to make a 60c clone
regards Bob Creasy

GlobalMap 100 it has gone the same way as my Trimble's we are working in 40 +temps in summer, I realy liked the way the Lowance menu worked much better than Garmin
but all the maps from the manufacters are realy bad in the West Australian country area's, a complete waste of time.The HP Ipaq 4700 seems to take the heat OK so far but the connections are weak.It will used to map(Encom Discovy and Mapinfo) but the normal GPS's are better for navigation
regards Bob Creasy