Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dupont Bedliner and Coils ---

GoldenRoyBoy

I've got too many coils which means too many plastic protective covers for my SE. Needless to say, if you use these things daily as I do it's a constant struggle to keep the coil covers clean on the inside. And, although I've never done it I've read where many people have cracked the covers making the situation even worse. Well anyway, I read the other day about how many of the pros expoxy their loops. It got me to thinking about using bed liner. I went to Walmart and bought Dupont's bed liner product (comes in a pint) along with a small roller and extra roller attachment. Total cost was about $20.00 I've already put three coats on six coils and plan to spread too more coats. I think it will make for a long lasting and durable finish. Those coil covers can now be stored in a box in the cellar where such items belong. Better still, tossed in the trash. :)

GRB

I put a good layer of Vaseline on the coil, then put on my cover. It stops intrusion and makes removal of cover easy. Try it on a Fisher cover and you will see what I mean about EASY removal!! :)

I don't think I'll be putting any Vaseline on my coils! :)

The "DUPONT BED-LINER" works great! I took my SE out yesterday and using my 4.5 x 7 & 12" Excelerator coil had a pretty good day! WARNING: If you do opt to bed-line your coils be sure to test the chosen substance "BEFORE" applying it to your coils and follow the instructions to a tee! Also, the substance is intended for metal so apply at least 5 "THIN" coats waiting 2 hours between applications to give ample time for each coat to dry. If you apply this stuff too thick you stand a chance of bubbling the plastic on the coil. If you choose to take off any portion of your coil, be sure to use a heavy easily removable tape, not cheap masking tape. I found no need to tape because my coils are black anyway.

Here's a pic of the results ---

6bcli10.jpg

I was going to suggest sealing the seam with a clear silicone but the vaseline should work fine.
bottlebum

Yes, silicone is my favorite cure all :) *Good point* But on my darn CZ20 or 1266-X / 1265-X with that "X" type pattern (oh so very difficult to remove without breaking cover) the Vaseline comes in handy. Thanks for the comment bottlebum :)

epoxy on all of mine

vaseline - come on

silicone................many have tried that.............many have failed.............it will leak after a spell - SO I HAVE READ

I HAVE NEVER TRIED IT

EPOXY COMES IN NEW CONTAINER NOW...........MARINE GRADE

Only reason for the Vaseline on my CZ20 (everything NEW but stems & internals)Is so I can apply or remove the coil cover (not an easy job without help)on those spider coils.....if wanting to clean upon inspection. As the Next person that gets my CZ20 may not want to FEAR my epoxy coil (maybe I am hiding something) RESALE value drops ??