Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

e trac help

kayakfisher

I bought a used e trac on this site several months ago, what a great machine! I have large coil (COILTEK) I am ready to try out, however the bolt to connect the coil to my shaft is not long enough to attach the nut, where can I get something long enough to use? I see sometimes the white nylon ones but can't it myself online. Thank you for any help in advance. HH

Try Home Depot, I found one there for my ACE250 back a couple years ago

HD or Lowe's carry a 1/4" x 20 x 2 or 2 1/2" and matching wing nuts that will work even though they are a little thin. I suggest you also pick up a couple of the nylon washers to use for spacers as the distance between the ears is a bit bigger than the thickness of the shaft. Get the one with the bolt head , not the one with the tapered screw head. White seems to be the only color , black are available online but in volumes that are nuts. (100)

Kayakfisher, look in the plumbing dept. and get the nylon toilet seat replacement bolts and washers and wing nuts. Works Great !!!!

roadapple said:
Kayakfisher, look in the plumbing dept. and get the nylon toilet seat replacement bolts and washers and wing nuts. Works Great !!!!

The one's they had in the stores around here were too large a diameter---I don't recall the brand name , your's may be different.

thanks again for all the reply s. I went to Lowe's and as "sprchng" said, everything fit as he said, I am very happy with the results. I did lose my second my minelab washers from the end of my rod, they kept falling out and I will glue the next ones in so I won't lose them again. ordered two more from kellyco. thanks again to all! HH

Do not use a permanent glue, as you may have to replace them at some point...Use Silicon, or something similar...

Happy Hunting,