Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E-Trac...new adjustments or just patterns???

As far as Trash Density and, especially, the Ground setting on the E-Trac, are these true settings or are they just patterns of discrimination? I use no disc at all so if they are patterns they are useless to me. If they are adjustments, then I am interested. I have a bunch of productive sites that have areas that are virtually unhuntable due to bad mineralization in the ground and if the new Ground setting will open these sites up to me then my interest is being piqued.

On page 72 of the manual it states:

"When the Discrimination Pattern is

I wonder if a disc pattern is "used" like a preset pattern, but wide open with no disc at all, if the Trash Density feature would then work. The GROUND adjustment is what I am really interested in however.

Off page 74 of the manual on Ground:

"Ground
Range: Neutral or Difficult
Factory Preset: Difficult
The Ground setting affects the way the detector responds to the mineralisation of the soil. The correct Ground setting for your detecting conditions will reduce false signals from the soil and improve the stability of the Target ID.
Selecting the appropriate Ground setting will also improve the performance of the Depth Gauge in those soils.
In some areas the Neutral setting will be adequate and produce the best detection results. However, there are types of soil where the Difficult setting is more appropriate, particularly when the soil conditions force a reduction of the Sensitivity Level, in either Manual or Auto (pp. 54

Elevatorguy said:
As far as Trash Density and, especially, the Ground setting on the E-Trac, are these true settings or are they just patterns of discrimination? I use no disc at all so if they are patterns they are useless to me. If they are adjustments, then I am interested. I have a bunch of productive sites that have areas that are virtually unhuntable due to bad mineralization in the ground and if the new Ground setting will open these sites up to me then my interest is being piqued.

Here on mlotv when he mentions the high setting for trash density he states,"...optimizes discrimination for you"