Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

e-track-explorer se

jmaryt

just curious about the major differences between the e-track,and the explorer se pro!
any input will be appreciated!..thanks in advance!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

They are the same technologi and base, just Etrac have some better screen and maybe faster with discrimination, because without discrimination they look the same. Stasys

I felt the E-Trac was a much better detector than the SE. Better balance, faster recovery/processor and more stable making finding deeper targets easier.

thanks!..everybody for the input!..hoping to get a little more feedback!
leaning toward the se pro for now,but still listening and reading!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

JT, Ive used both etrac and explorer 2 and I really cant tell any difference other than numbers for ferrous and conductivity are different. I havent found hardly any nickels with exp 2

but have found 5 silver at a ballfield that i have hunted with etrac last year. I am trying to get a used etrac and will be able to compare but I really like the explorer 2 and for 600 with sunray probe compared to 1750 for new etrac and probe the exp 2 is a good value. after selling my etrac last fall and trying an old fisher 1235, 1265, a T2ltd and a F75se I just had to go back to minelab. they work best for me. I just don't want to carry home a 5 gallon bucket of trash looking for 1 or 2 silvers. Craig

here are a few things to concider: Read about the minelabe "bounce" that effects the explorer lines up to the SE. The E trac does not have it as much and is more stable.
Read about the high pitch warble that the SE has on sivler dimes. The E trac does not have it and some penneys and dimes can target very close
The E trac is more stable in use and sometimes called the Easy trac. Both machines are coin killers and deep seekers.

Amen on the penny's and dimes targeting close together with the E-Trac. I think it's worse in the now wet ground.

can you explain this "bounce" ....I ran a search and didnt find anything...... is there other terminology this may go by ?

I have had a 2 and a Pro. If you hunt on just "VDI" reading then get an E-Trac. It has a more stable VDI from what I have seen. I do not relow alot on the VDI-but I do check it from time to time before I dig an iffy signal like shotgun brass which will mimic a button at times. Really you just need to put in your time and learn your tones and machine in different conditions nad make minor sensitivity adjustments when in iron or hot rocks. I am not a coin hunter though just a relic hunter and I seek out the iron because others run from it and the SE or E-trac will pic the good relics out of the iron no problem with a stock coil. With both machines its a never ending learning curve due to changing conditions in the field. You can turn it on in factory mode and find anything in the ground and over time you will learn to make adjustments for your style of hunting. I only discriminate square nails and use the sensitivity to adjust on the fly... Good Luck