Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

E800 performance in high trash areas ???

St Bernard

How does this detector work in high trash areas? Not in one specific type area but trash areas in general ?

Thanks Bill

St Bernard said:
How does this detector work in high trash areas? Not in one specific type area but trash areas in general ?

Thanks Bill

Bill, this thing is fast, deep and has fantastic separation abilities even with the stock 11" coil!! The Nox will be a beast with the 6" coil once it's released.

Imagine if they release a 5x10 coil? :hot:

Edit: It separates better than the Deus from an audible and visual stand point, and I believe it will do this more cleanly at depth as I dont believe the Deus will reach the depth of the Nox with comparable recovery/reactivity speeds. You can laserbeam (wiggle) the coil over a target in iron and get a rock solid vdi.

I set up my audio to have low volume and tone for iron, and aluminum. The nickel area and from pennies and up, I have it set at hi volume, high tone, and the coins really stand out in trashy areas. I will not find any rings set up this way, unless they read out in the nickel or other coin zones. I now enjoy hunting in heavy trash parks and beaches.

I'd agree with the others; in very trashy areas is where the Equinox really shines. I'm comparing it to my Etrac, which is not a fast machine; but there are some in-depth field reports by tnsharpshooter and others that you should be able to find, that show how it stands up to the Deus and Impact--both no slouches when it comes to separation.

I do have trouble telling the difference between nickels and pulltabs, but that's another story :)

It is the best machine you can buy to sift through trash. My etrac i dig less tabs but still get fooled some. On silver in extreme trash it is king!