Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Eagle Spectrum Batteries

halfdollar

I talked to a guy a while back and he said he changed his Eagle over to use 8 AA's. I asked him how he did this and he said he got an 8 AA holder from Radio Shack with a 9 volt connecter. But I see the manual says not to run to hot of batteries. If a guy used 8 AA's it would be twice the Voltage. has anyone ever done this or could help me out.

The Spectrum Eagles didn't have a voltage regulator circuit and could not handle that much over voltage if it did. You are correct that eight AA in series WILL DAMAGE the Eagle. They run on 4.8 volts (+- 5.3 volts on fresh charged nicads). If you have your old C-cell pack you can get re-chargeable C-nicads which are 1.2 volts and use 4 of them. If you are trying to rebuild and old pack they are hard to take apart without tearing them up and there is a diode in the positive side of the circuit. It can be done only with care.

What he probably did was put (2) sets of 4 AA in series (4.8v) Then wired the 2 sets in parallel to increase the amperage, but still using the 4.8v as the output voltage. Whites not putting in a voltage regulator..................shame on them!! Thats just plain nonsense :)