Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Eagle Spectrum

artman60

Hi to all, I have recently dusted off my Spectrum and started using it again. I bought it new, but a fishing boat got between us, for some time. I have never got past the factory programs, and recently reread the manual again. I must confess, I still only understand half of what the manual is telling me. While searching for more info on this forum, I found a book highly recommended for Spectrum users- Spectrum Secrets by Kevin Mulrooney. I have spent a couple of days trying to find a copy online, no luck yet. Would anyone here have any thoughts or suggestions on where I might be able to pick up a copy. I am not a modern Kindle kind of guy, but could certainly download a copy, and print it myself. When I have used the detector in the past, I have been happy with the finds, but have noticed no silver now as opposed to 20 years ago when I bought it. Son is getting drivers license, home needs new HVAC system, so no dinero available for an update at this time. On Columbus day did find a 1787 Connecticut copper cent in Shirley Ma, coin is in horrible shape, mostly looks like a washer without a hole in it, but is the oldest thing I've found by 40 years. After the recent storm and with family responsibilities, it looks like I have more time to read than detect in the near future. Thanks for any help, Artie

I was able to find a copy of Spectrum Secrets at Streeters in Marlborough NH, Now I just need to do some reading and learning, Thanks all, Artie

Good luck with your research and if you discover any great programs send me a PM. I am enjoying the Eagle Spectrum and was going to try to find the book but I have a DFX on layaway and so I will just wait since it has two books that come with it.

Well I'm jealous about the DFX, I'm no expert, but after poring over the catalogs, that seems to be the detector that has all the finding things stuff, without the extra stuff I wouldn't use but adds weight and price to the other detectors. I don't mean to insult the other ones, but for a budget minded individual ( me) That's the one that seems to have everything you need. I've just started reading the book, and not being an engineer, or a smartie, it's already going over some stuff I don't follow. There is a custom coin finding program I'll probably try, and if i get the chance to look it up, somewhere I have a website of programs people have come up with for the Spectrum. As you're probably guessing by now, I'm mostly a turn it on, and use the factory programs MD'er so far. I'm trying to expand my abilities ( or at least the machines) now. Artie

Hi Pescadore, what I'm seeing is JB's metal detecting resource site, if you google or search this hopefully it will come up. There is a section on this site that lists lots of custom programs for the Spectrum, I've yet to try any of them, but was seriously considering one he has for dry sand, salt water beaches. Artie If you try any and you like the results, I wouldn't mind a heads up.

Let me know how that coin program works ... I have really been getting some good coin counts with the Spectrum and think that it is a good coin machine. I am hunting this weekend with a friend and should have the opportunity to see how the Spectrum compares to his M6 and his V3i.

Haven't had a chance to install the program yet, did get a chance to do some hunting last Sunday, at my mother in laws, birthday gathering, kept me outside, out of politics, and out of trouble LOL. I am finding the Spectrum heavier than I can take for a long usages. I'm gonna have to see if I can add a lighter unit to the stable. At the MILs found 8 pennies, all copper, one wheat back, 1944, 2 nickels, and 4 dimes, dimes all 1968-1971, 1 heart shaped charm, appears to not be a valuable piece of jewelry, but fridge magnet doesn't stick to it. I only dug hard targets I was sure of, so as not to dig too many holes, and scare her off from future hunting. If I don't finish my side job on Sat, and have to return on Sun I'm gonna bring the Spectrum and get some hunting in on the front lawn, house is at least 100 years old. Artie

i bought C to AA sleeves and converted mine to AA's which reduced the weight. I get about 4 hours hunting on 4 rechargeable AA's. have an extra battery pack for long hunts. I haven't had any problems swinging it since i made the switch.

I am heading out to the field where I found the Connecticut large cent ( was all I found in the ground, found a nickel, and three pennies on the ground) I loaded up the coin program from the book ( at least I think I did) I'm thinking I got 3 hours available to me tomorrow morning, hope my arm makes it LOL. I'll let you know what happens. Artie

I found a three ring bullet, brass case with a phoenix on it, and 4 pennies, 2 were wheatbacks this morning, plus assorted trash stuff. I liked the new program, and one of the factors he covers is swing speed, apparently you can't possibly swing the Spectrum too fast. I was raelly whipping it today, and did seem to cover more ground, and get more readings. I've read the book, and if you wanna read it, I'll send it too you,I usually reread all my manuals, books, about every 6 months, so I won't be looking for ir for a while. I'm gonna have to try the hip mount kit, both shoulders and arms sore from two hours of fast swinging. Artie