Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Eagle Tower

senda

Hello buddies
My last hunt. I moved two hours drive outside my region. A ghost town that are not nothing but stones and the remains of a church and a medieval tower.
GOPR0489.MP4_snapshot_00.20_2015.08.31_13.22.57_zps3lmsx64y.jpg
This tower was part of a defensive system and consists of several similar alert along the border between Christians and Muslims in the tenth century
They also had the task of controlling the road and collect taxes from people, animals and goods who passed by.
The tower was surrounded by a wall and a small elevation of the land. In her neighbors they took shelter in case of attacks of enemies or robbers. Something like a fort of his in the prairies. I allowed myself to make a free artistic reconstruction of how it was originally think. They can laugh.
reconstruccion%20torre%20TRES%20B_zpsw2twfnoe.jpg
The access door was located on high to avoid the attack of rams. Between the tower and the wall he had stables and warehouses.
The terrain to detect is very wide and started a cereal farmland. Hinder the harvested stems swing and there were many stones surface with the corresponding threat to the coil.
The first find was an old copper button with ripples. I found a similar one before. Then came a small piece with a hook and a nice decoration.
20150830_123744_zpsehc34ucl.jpg

After researching on the web and in different forums I found the answer.
enganches%20daga%20surtido_zpswptxczxc.jpg

I found on the Internet like a piece of floral design but for different purpose, an ornament of sort of chivalry, and this piece at last I found what I wanted. Lol second search
PINJANTES%20VARIOS_zpsrlbszwfl.jpg

This piece was riveted on the belt and hung her dagger or knife. It measures 4.5 cm. X 2.5 cm. and weight 5.5 g. It is made of copper or alloy. Your time is XIV / XV century. This type of decoration is common in the decoration of the Alhambra in Granada and the Imperial City of Toledo.
20150823_193519_zpsug7tvpje.jpg

A small iron buckle.
20150823_193536_zpscdqq5lkv.jpg

A tack of iron, with a strong resemblance to those used by Roman soldiers in footwear ... Who knows?
20150830_123648%20DOBLE_zps6kdynpqm.jpg

The lunch was approaching and I wanted a coin. But the currency resisted. I had almost given up when a new signal called my GARRETT AT PRO. 62/52. A copper king Felipe V, on 1700/1745 but is so damaged that identification was difficult but not impossible.
marav%20felip%20v%20_zpsevhrvvqn.jpg

20150823_193501_zpspodaizup.jpg

The evening, after a typical food of the area, my friend and I spent touring other villages seeking new areas of work.
Thanks for watching.
and video [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07cV2NjdsNA[/video]

Always fascinating to see your great variety of old finds.
HH Ed in co

thanks for yours coments, Ed, Scott & Dgruff...I hope to return to this place soon, before the winter arrives it is a very cold place, and show more interesting findings.

What a dream hunt you did! Excellent finds buddy. :) Kudos to the music you chose in the video. I thought that the place may have been hunted!:rofl:

thanks john. I also thought if it was hunted before ... so I am looking more distant fields and go progressively closer to the ruins.
I would also like music video, youtube suggestion and chosen for its duration:rofl: LOL but it has been very appropriate.

I had to look at it a couple of times. It's on the right upper aspect of the building. Check it out. The trees look like a scary ghost. Be careful Senda....you may have a curse on you now!:shocked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07cV2NjdsNA

n/t

Old finds have some history to them. Thanks for the explanations.

Thanks Elton y Joel,
John Oh! ... because you say so? this was a stronghold of the Knights Templar, It is the ghost of a Knight Templar not let me sleep until I invite him to a beer :cheers: :rofl:
Soldado1_zpscshx4j10.jpg