Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ear Bud

daddyflea

Hunting a Business today near a major Highway. Needless to say I could not hear. My Hearing is bad anyway and the back ground noise really makes it bad. I have Head phones but I really hate to wear them. In summer they are too hot and they really bug me. Has anyone rigged something like a Bluetooth Ear bud up?

I haven't used Blue-Tooth buds but have used Ear-Buds in the warmer weather and they work great provided there isn't a lot of noise. I also use them in the colder weather when I wear a hat. Work great as well and the hat reduces noise from the wind.

Blue tooth is too slow.

I use the Sony earphones most of the time. They are comfortable, and have good sound. I use a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter plug, which I leave in the detector. Then I just plug the earphones into it. As Mike said, they are a lot cooler in the Summer heat. Also, in the Summer I like to wear a sun hat that has a flap that covers the ear and neck area and headphones don't fit right with my hat. In the winter I wear a rain hat, and I have the same problem with headphones with the hat. Also, when I wear headphones, after about 10 minutes, the outside of my ears start to hurt from the headphones pressing on them. I have a set of Sun Ray Pro Gold headphones, but I have only used them once or twice. I prefer the earphones. I use the Sony Sport earphones that have a clip that goes around the ear to help hold them in place.

I forgot to mention, that I don't have a V3i, I have a DFX, MX5, and a MXT Pro. The MXT does not have a volume adjustment, so I have an in-line volume control, that I purchased for about 2 or 3 dollars that I plug the earphones in to.

Wired buds will work.I don't like ear buds, but that's a personal preference . If you decide to try a set, try to find some with a decent cord. Most won't last long in the field all it takes is one snag. :thumbup:

After researching most of the day, I ordered the Detector Pro Rattler

Rattler

Rattlers are great headphones, good choice

Used them today and I still hate Headphones but I can tolerate these. They worked very well.

I take one side off my ear the whole time I hunt

kshollywood said:
I take one side off my ear the whole time I hunt

That describes a Rattler they only have one earphone