Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ear buds

Do you know what the Latency are with the ones you are using in ms the previous versions of earbuds I have tried the Black sharks have the lowest Latency of 35ms in gaming mode, these are closer to the latency of the Supplied wireless headphones that come with the Legend pro pack, the Problem is they do not list the codec as LL Low Latency like the ones that came with the supplied wireless headphones, that is why when you connect the supplied wireless headphone from the Legend pro pack you will see in small letters LL next to the headphone Icon in the legend screen "LL" those two LL signifies true Low Latency

the two bone Conduction headphones I have, I have been unable to actually find out what the Latency in ms is and thus the reason I have ordered the Avantree they actually list the Codec LL as one of their Bluetooth connections, where others do not, I will let everyone know when I receive the Avantree Taurus how they work, my hopes are they work like the Supplied Wireless headphones that came with the Legend and the LL is present when connected
I don’t know what the after shok ones i have are but as for everything else they work great. Just haven’t paired and used them with a detector yet. But i am also one that is more of a beep and dig person not particularly needing to distinguish very subtle differences and trying to determine what to dig. If its metal im digging it lol. So I don’t know if it really matters for me as long as its not far off when pinpointing.
I don’t even use threshold anymore as i did with the sovereign. As long as i get a good repeatable sound that’s pretty close on target 12” and under im good. I actually prefer to just use the speaker as long as i can hear over the wind and other outside noise. I hate anything over or in my ears
Yes i might be an odd duck but to each his own how the hobby is enjoyable.
I don’t have to get that technical about it as long as it has certain features I prefer.
I have too many other hobbies and commitments to have that much time to be that concerned about too many things. If the bone conduction is close enough to the external speaker thats fine for me.

Whats a neck band speaker?
well it is a speaker that basically goes around your neck and drapes over both shoulders and just sets there resting on your shoulders

I am trying one because I really do not like having my ears covered with earbuds or headphones, but because of severe tinnitus, i cannot hear targets with out headphones or earbuds, the tinnitus I have is vary frustrating, I have 4 different sounds going 24/7 in both ears which affects the way i hear tones so my hopes are with the Avantree Taurus neck band speaker it will allow me to hear everything including the threshold with it being closer to my ears with out being in or over my ears, the threshold is the hardest thing for me to hear with out headphones because of it being a low hum, through the external speaker only I cannot here the threshold at all but with earbuds and bone conduction phones I can, I hear the threshold the best through the supplied wireless headphones that came with the legend, my hopes are that the Avantree Taurus will be similar to the supplied wireless phones that came with the Legend, the after shokz you speak of will most likely work but are most likely not Codec LL Low Latency but they may be just low Latency only with out the codec LL if that makes since and trust me there is a difference in the ones that have a Codec LL and just regular APTX

there is APTX and APTX LL Codec the ones with the APTX LL codec are a lower ms of 40ms or lower, the regular APTX have a higher ms above 40 the lower the ms the better or faster the signal transfer is

the Legends supplied wireless headphones are the APTX LL which is why when you connect them to the Legends Bluetooth there will be LL next to the headphone icon on the Legend screen earbuds and others if you notice the LL next to the headphone icon is not present, which means they are not processing things as fast, to make since out of what I am saying it is like a TV that you are streaming and its always buffering it is basically the same principal with Bluetooth headphones

here is the Avantree Taurus speaker

I have the Black shark T2 and they work well when in game mode, however I recently bought the Avantree Torus neck speakers with retractable ear buds and that’s all I use now, I haven’t used the buds except to try them, the speakers are amazing, clear and loud but only to me, 5ft away and others can’t hear them, my ears aren’t covered so I’m aware of my surroundings , and I can hear my pinpointer no problem , great in hot weather, very comfortable, and pair easily, volume control can be controlled while using gloves, battery lasts way longer than me, great product

Just received my Avantree Taurus Neck Band speaker and I will say I love these things

They are actually APTX Low Latency LL so when you connect them to the Legend you will see the two little LLs by the headphone icon in the Legend screen, just like the wireless headphones that came with the Legend, had no issues with them pairing with the Legend, I hate wearing headphones that cover my ears

other earbuds and the bone conduction phones the two little LL is not present by the headphone Icon when connected so they are not true Low Latency LL connections, the Avantree are true Aptx LL Low Latency and work just like the factory headphones that comes with the Legend

My main complaint with earbuds and even the Bone Conduction phones which I have been using never would work correctly when running the Legend with a threshold but the Avantree Taurus works great when running with the threshold activated on the Legend
I have been on a search for a pair of phones that were actually Aptx Low Latency LL, and these Avantree Taurus are exactly as Avantree states.
They are a little different but well worth the try,in my opinion, and yes people will hear what you detector is doing

Thanks voyager32 for the recommendation of the Avantree Taurus I love them

ms latency is not mentioned, but the LL icon shows up on the Legend…..I’m familiar with latency doing music programs….There is no perceived latency with these buds, and for the price, order 2 pair and get free shipping !

So cleaning out stuff found another pair of bone conduction headphones.
They pair differently though. If I wanted to use both say battery dies on one, do you have to clear out one from the detector before the other will pair with the newer updates or will both pair.
Oldkoot is familiar with pairing these particular ones but what is the quickest way to go from one to the other. Im sure most just pair to one particular set.

Attachments

• 85A25B5C-5A43-41CC-8148-926D5A34E7C8.jpeg
    85A25B5C-5A43-41CC-8148-926D5A34E7C8.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 58
They pair differently though. If I wanted to use both say battery dies on one, do you have to clear out one from the detector before the other will pair with the newer updates or will both pair.
Oldkoot is familiar with pairing these particular ones but what is the quickest way to go from one to the other. Im sure most just pair to one particular set.
I’m not sure if you can pair multiple sets at the same time…each set, or each bluetooth peripheral, has its own id

the Legend will only pair with one set of headphones or earbuds or bone conduction headphones at a time so you have to clear the set that is currently paired to the Legend

click power button once to go into the first set of menus then move over to the Bluetooth Icon once on the Bluetooth Icon make sure it is on 1 then hold down the pin point reject button until you see FD you have now cleared the previously paired headphones or what ever you were using then try to pair a new headphone, earbuds, or bone conduction phones

I’m not sure if you can pair multiple sets at the same time…each set, or each bluetooth peripheral, has its own id
when the first Legend were delivered to us you could pair multiple Bluetooth devices to the Legend Bluetooth, people complained that the Legend was connecting to peoples cell phones so Nokta put out a update and completely changed it so you can only connect with one Bluetooth device at a time so you now have to clear the previously paired headphones, earbuds or bone conduction phones before the Legend will connect with a different set

when I first received my first Legend it was 1.04 and was in the first batch to come to the U.S I had like 5 different pairs of earbuds and the supplied wireless headphones paired with my Legend, when 1.05 came to us Nokta/macro techs changed that capability to pair with multiple devices LOL but I liked it because I could carry 2-5 spare earbud sets in my detecting pouch and when one set went dead i could quickly change to a different set, I do understand why they changed it though because it would literally connect with total strangers cell phones while out detecting.

Last edited:
Ok so today i tried the aftershok bone conduction headphones and did not like them at all.
They paired and sounded great but too much of a delay.
Using the 6” coil when over a target with either using speaker or the NM bluetooth headphones that came the legend it would sound at the middle of the coil.
When using the bone conduction it would sound when the edge of the coil was directly over the target after you passed it either direction.
In other words the delay was the time it took for the target to get from the center of the coil to the edge.
That makes it very difficult to pinpoint and if it is really trashy or there is another target close by im sure it would effect the numbers and possibly even masking targets. I don’t know if you have experienced any delays with bone conduction but too much of a delay for me and im not that picky lol