Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Early 1900's homestead first days targets

F_27stryker1

Nokta anfibio pulled these up at a bulldozed homestead way out in the woods. Didn't have but a couple hours of light after I found the place.
Couple toe taps, Carhartt buttons, old pocketknife, harmonica reeds(love finding these as they are good signs for what I like to hunt), steam engine/boiler co. Plate, watch piece dated 1902, heel plate, suspender clip, u.s. thingy, round tag with hand scratched 5A, broken Arrowhead found in hole.
Not bad for 2 hours of heavy iron and horrible hunting conditions....knee high weeds and thickets

I'm almost positive that more will come out of this site, this was all with the stock coil, going to try the 5" dd on it the next go around. My favorite places to detect are old long forgotten homes, that werent even on the topo maps or atlas's of the day. Most are a good mile walk from the nearest road here.

Howdy F_27stryker1--

I think that you have a very good hunting strategy - to hunt old sites that are off the beaten path. I foresee some really good keepers going into your goodie bag. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Nice finds... Be interesting to see what that small coil pops up. More goodies are definitely waiting on you there.