Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Early 1900s logging camp

First hunt of the new year and weather was perfect! At least for me, anyways. Anything over 70 degrees is unbearable in my book. Today was low 30s, and sunny. My friend was exploring the local woods during work and found a old logging site! Since I live in Washington, there are old sites like these dotted all over the western part of this state. Just locating them is the hard part since a lot of them have been lost to time. I, personally have walked this trail a hundred times and never noticed that just right off the trail is a bunch of old growth stumps with tell tale signs of buck board notches, and pulling cables strewn all about. I hit grunts right off the bat, and tried to see what I could pull up but all of those grunts were huge nails. Not used to digging iron, but figured I could pull a axe head or tool and would be excited to do so! Found a clad penny, a clad dime, and newer bic lighter. Lots of people "enjoy" these woods, and party hardy,including me years ago!!!i decided to call it a day. On my way out, saw what looked like a old wood handle sticking out of the mossy, leaf littered ground. Up comes a old axe! Not turn of the century, but it is a older one. My friend who found the area for me collects and restores antique axes and I promised it to him. After seeing what he does to them after he's done restoring them, makes me want to start up a new hobby of collecting axes! I'm sure my lady will love another expensive hobby hahaha!!!

I live in puyallup. Enumclaw/ Buckley is and was a huge logging community. I've hunted a few times up there. Mostly the schools.

my daughter was born at Good Sam in Puyallup, there's some good hunting up there around you.