Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Early AT PRO hunt/save a little baby:super: bird.

asiandigger

Yesterday evening there was a soccer game here at this park, so this morning I decide to go out and see what the crowds left behind. I came out with 2 silver pendants, 2 tungsten rings, 3 wheat pennies( surely wasn't left by the crowds)token, and 1 I believe a presidential coin. I came out with $4.21 clad. My hunt was cute short when I heard and saw a mother bird swooping over a cat which was about to take a baby bird. I ran as fast as could and scare away the cat. I climb up the tree and put the the baby back up in the nest (was attack a few times by the mother but no harm was done). Spent an hour hunting and 20 minutes putting the baby back LOL.

Baby mockingbird? You must be from the deep south for them to be hatching out this time of year.

Nice save.

tabman

Nice hunt....if I had that token, I would go cash it in at "the place where fun happens" instead of going to work tomorrow. :sadwalk:

Tabman I'm here in the capital of California. it's normal for birds to have babies this early especially 70 to 80 degrees, already leaves fully grown on trees.

William-NM has a big old cat...I wonder if it was Tigger you robbed of a hot meal?:rofl:

Really good job, and a good experience what you did, ..:thumbup:
Mud

Nice silver pendants, asiandigger! That's a lucky little birdie, too. :clapping:

Mud: I'm a bird and wildlife lover, and so, unfortunately, is Tigger. I used to put out hummingbird and bird feeders, but stopped when I realized that I was just luring them to their doom. My old cabin up in Taos had a big claw-foot tub. Tigger would go out and find a mouse or lizard and bring it in the tub to 'play' with. I also had a friendly Roadrunner that would come by every morning with a lizard in his beak. He liked to show off his hunting prowess, heh.