Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Early fail. For my Sovereign gt.

Thegreat26

I was so happy for my buying and i started to love my detector more and more.
But suddenly my coil fell of my lower shaft. I do not know if i didn't assemble it correctly. But the black piece of plastic that is getting in the lower shaft goes round and fells . I m i missing sth?

I have seen this happen on a couple different Sovereigns. The adhesive fails there, luckily it's a really easy fix. :detecting: Just remove the loose glue from the shaft and end piece, lightly sand both pieces and apply a thin layer of Gorilla Glue. Just make sure the coil end is perpendicular to the handle, once the glue dries it's there forever ( Well hopefully :biggrin:)

thank you very much. you should have seen my reaction after my coil fell. And quess what i was about 3 km away from my alfa romeo and i went back to my car without covering all that area

Never heard of that problem but like he said that's real easy to fix. Sit the machine on the ground with the box sitting flat and mounted as normal under the shaft. That will make it easier to adjust the coil mount by eye (with coil on) to see that it's straight in relation to the box/grip/arm cup. If you are using Gorilla Glue once the thing is line up then wrap the coil/mount in a little tape to hold it and also to keep the glue from escaping as it forms up. I use this glue a lot in building RC airplanes and it's great/light/strong stuff, but if you don't tape and weight things together the foaming glue can force things to move. I'd put a weight on the coil (laying flat) and also tape around the two parts tight. Also, DON'T use a lot of glue. Mix a TINY bit of water with the glue and just hardly paint it on the coil mount before sticking it inside the uper shaft. This stuff foams up about 10 to 20 times it's size and you'll force a bunch up the shaft if you use too much. I'd play with it by mixing a tiny bit of water with about two teaspoons of the glue and stick that in a cup so you can see just how much this stuff foams up. Another option is to just use CA or epoxy. By laying the coil flat on the ground along with the box and such you can more easily make sure all is lined up well.

gorilla glue nope but i used epoxy. I hope it will stay. If not im returning it for a new shaft since its only 3 weeks old. By the way im so in love with my sovereign.

btw new shafts are not that expensive.

had the exact same thing happen to my 8 month old machine when it was only 3 months old. think they may have used water soluble glue . rather than send to the factory i stuck it back in lower shaft.and made sure it was in alignment with upper shaft then drilled 3 or 4 tiny holes thru lower end of shaft just large enough to tap in round tooth pics. i put a thin layer of sub floor adhesive on coil adapter shaft , shoved it back in and lined up tooth pic holes .put small amount of adhesive on tooth pics , tapped into small drilled holes and trimmed flush with out side of lower shaft. then put small bead of adhesive around area where lower shaft and coil adapter meet. it might not be the prettiest fix but i just got back from a week at the beach using it in salt water several hours each day and the repair looks as strong as the day i made it...

I broke that plastic bit that goes into the hollow shaft on my sovereign XS2apro, rather than buy a new shaft i knocked the insert out of the excalibur short dive rod and used that(as i won't be diving unless i get hit by a wave:wacko:) a couple of drops of plastic pipe glue did the trick. Taking this in mind i wouldn't glue it up too much just in case you need to change it like i did. Previously i did try superglue but it didn't last long.

well with the epoxy is stronger than ever. I love her more than ever