Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Early field sites... Large Cents and other relics.

Evolution

Hunted two field sites recently. Turned up two matron head large cents, one of which was holed and had a piece cut out of it. Recovered another coin sized copper that was probably a King George copper as there were two other KGs recovered from this field by my hunting buddies... I never know though because its smoked and holed several times and may not be a coin at all. Got a few additional relics including a piece of a silver spoon (my hunting buddy found the handle to this same spoon), a brass barrel tap spigot, and what I think is a sword belt hanger/swivel. Gave the barrel tap and the intact large cent to the landowner of the second field site we hunted. She was very nice and enjoyed seeing everything we had found. Not sure what the pic limit is so Ill add a couple pics after the post.

A couple more pics.

Interesting finds. Looks like you found an old site. Gotta be more old coins there.