Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Eating Our Wheaties

mrhvmd

Arrived at Jen's Mom's circa 1890s house in coal country on Saturday evening armed to the gills with detecting gear. This is her mother's childhood and current home and we've hunted the yard many times with our cheap little Bounty Hunter and more recently with Jen's Xterra 305 and my AT Pro, using the stock coils. There are always lots of signals because old scrap iron and junk is shallow underfoot. But Jen has found some good stuff, including Barber and Mercury dimes by the back porch steps. The difference this past weekend was the use of small coils - a six inch circular on the 305 and a 5x8 DD on the AT Pro. The new coils were procured after reading on this forum about their utility in trashy sites and a strong recommendation from our friend, Ezra. We had a ball digging lots of Wheaties right smack dab off the porch near the well where we had hunted many times before. This was my kind of detecting - right in your own back yard in the cool of the evening with wine and snicky snacks at hand. Jen found the little rabbit barrette that her mother identified as her own as a little girl. She also dug the military button that came off the uniform of her long-deceased grandfather (crappy pic, sorry). After digging lots of wheat pennies we began to lament that no Indian Heads were coming up. Then Jen dug one about six inches down. I was lucky enough to dig a silver dime. Also found a watch works (could NOT come up with the case), a spoon and items to numerous and desultory to mention. Oh yes, and the first ring I've ever found - a cheap little thing that no one remembers, with a somewhat mysterious rendition of a letter B. A good time was had by all.

Nice bunch of finds. Congratulations to both.

Then Jen got a weak 12 signal on her 305 and decided to dig it......

Took her most of the day. We think it's a 57 Plymouth but I don't know cars too well. 😋. :lol:

Its amazing what a small coil will pick up in trashy areas.. im somewhat of a novice when it comes to cars as well but my guess is that thing is a late 60s early 70s Cadillac. but I could be wrong..

Nice collection of finds, you've got a little of everything. From the picture you have I'd have to lean towards the car being a Plymouth as well. hard to tell from just the fins with no taillights or all the chrome trim. It's definitely not a Cadillac. Do you have a picture of front? Also; if you have rights to strip that car you can fetch a pretty penny for the chrome trim that's left. Original chrome for a model specific resto is hard to come by.

Great finds! That's a lot of wheats in one area :thumbup: the car looks like a 1960 PlymouthFury, used to have one, it was heavy, FAST (for those days) and used a lot of gas. Thanks for sharing.