Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Echo

All the Fisher users are out finding Silver..:thumbup:

Any information on something new from these guys ? I have an F70 that works well but getting the multi frequency itch...

Quote from a recent interview in Italy with Tim Mallory - Vice President of Marketing and Sales for First Texas....translation via Goole translate.

"7) It is rumoured to be released a new product. Isn’t it?

Yes it is. We will have several new products in the next 18 months, including multifrequency technology, and pulse induction technology."

He also added....

"9) What are your future plans?
One never knows, but I won’t be happy until First Texas, Fisher, Teknetics and Bounty Hunter, have achieved number one sales in the world-wide market."

lytle78 said:
Quote from a recent interview in Italy with Tim Mallory - Vice President of Marketing and Sales for First Texas....translation via Goole translate.

"7) It is rumoured to be released a new product. Isn’t it?

Yes it is. We will have several new products in the next 18 months, including multifrequency technology, and pulse induction technology."

He also added....

One never knows, but I won’t be happy until First Texas, Fisher, Teknetics and Bounty Hunter, have achieved number one sales in the world-wide market."

Rick,as always,with some timely info !!

They ain't kidding. Progress is always slower than we would like. In the auto imdustry - they work 5 years ahead, Apple and the like 2-4 years. Those companies have billions of $ and huge staffs. First Texas probably jas a big an engineering staff as any other manufacturer - probably bigger - still... doing something really new takes many years.

Dave Johnson has probably been working on how to surpass the CZ series since the mid 1990's - we still haven't seen a product. Physics is a hard mistress - when you are bumping up against the limits of the "doable" you have to push really hard to 'expand the envelope".

It will happen - my favorite team - I make no secret of. There are others, competition is good - our favorite hobby/obsession will profit from what emerges.

lytle78 said:

Notice he said "achieve number one sales in the world-wide market" NOT make the best detectors in the world-wide market.

So if they just keep spinning up rehashed FTP machines, that may well achieve their goal of #1 sales, but somewhere in there is there a goal to also have the best detector technology in the world as well?

lytle78 said:

Notice he said "achieve number one sales in the world-wide market" NOT make the best detectors in the world-wide market.

So if they just keep spinning up rehashed FTP machines, that may well achieve their goal.

Cal_Cobra said:

So if they just keep spinning up rehashed FTP machines, that may well achieve their goal of #1 sales, but somewhere in there is there a goal to also have the best detector technology in the world as well?

He is the marketing guy. That is his goal. Get sales to the #1 spot in the world (which reads they are already #1 in certain countries).

Talk to the engineers, and they would surely express that their goal is having the best detector technology come to fruition by their own minds and hands.

Talk to the cleaning crew....I will assume their priority is sanitation.

TheHunterGT said:
Cal_Cobra said:

He is the marketing guy. That is his goal. Get sales to the #1 spot in the world (which reads they are already #1 in certain countries).

Talk to the engineers, and they would surely express that their goal is having the best detector technology come to fruition by their own minds and hands.

Talk to the cleaning crew....I will assume their priority is sanitation.

Someone might want to talk to the Fisher Labs webmaster, latest news is from......2014, yeah baby!!!

Here’s something anyway

https://hobby-detecting.com/tek-point-a-new-pinpointer-by-teknetics-announced-photo-and-video/

lytle78 said:
Here’s something anyway

https://hobby-detecting.com/tek-point-a-new-pinpointer-by-teknetics-announced-photo-and-video/

Rick don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see the FTP light bulb finally went off, and they noticed that everyone else on the planet already has nice pin pointers out, and decided to make their own (they did have some junky low end ones in the past, mostly used as promo give-a-ways). I used to exclusively use FTP machines, had several CZ70 (still have), F4, F5, F70, F75 LTD, F75 LTD2 (still have), ID Edge, Coin$trike, and probably one or two I cannot recall.

FTP has the engineering resources and marketing machine to come up with something better then regurgitating the same machines over and over. It may well work as far as capturing their goal on world wide sales, but technical innovation on released product has been at an all time low. FTP was once the leader in innovation, but since the F75/T2 has been released, I just haven't seen it. I want FTP to bring out something that sets the detector world on fire (like the Equinox, albeit good, bad or indifferent), and we've heard rumors for years that they were on the verge of releasing a new and innovative flagship, yet here were are watching all the other companies come to the plate, over and over again, with crickets from FTP. Even White's, who I've not really considered that innovative of a company, has innovated - the White's V3i for example, the MX Sport (albeit a release disaster, but that's a discussion all together).

Personally I don't have a dog in this race. I still have my F75 LTD that I bought in 2009, and had updated to an LTD2, but it's been collecting a lot of dust since using some other machines that have provided more productive hunts then the F75 ever did. I put thousands of hours on my F75, and given the right conditions it's an excellent machine, especially after the LTD2 upgrade (well the second LTD2 upgrade since they flubbed up the first one), but I also recognize it's weaknesses and given the sites and soil that I hunt, it wasn't conducive to my detecting success. That said, I'm still routing for them to bring out the next best mouse trap, but in the mean time my sites are getting hoovered up, and I'm not exactly getting younger, so I have to go with the best machine for the $$$ that works at the sites and soil I detect at, and that means I'm no longer spending my hobby bucks with FTP. If that better FTP mouse trap comes along, I'll be happy to look at it, but I no longer get excited when I hear rumors that FTP is on the verge of releasing a new CZ, CZX, Mosca, F80 or whatever the latest grapevine phylloxera variant is in circulation.

Cal - fair complaint.

I hear it’s a pretty great pinpointer however. I have a Pistol Pointer and a Whites ATX and I’m not especially happy with either of them. We’ll see what this new one will do.

Except for the Minelab GPZ7000, there hasn’t been a truly new technology detector released in a decade or more. The Equinox offers no technology which hasn’t been fielded previously - for example in the Whites V3i. Simeltanuois multifreq. - selectable single freq - etc. the Equinox puts it in a nerdy attractive package, but they already had all the bits - just not in this combination.

No criticism of the Equinox - heck - it doesn’t even EXIST as a production unit for sale yet. These will be ample time to praise or condem it after it is actually fielded in the hands of thousands of customers.

Just saying - if truly new detector technologies were easy - everybody would be introducing them.