Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Eclipse 5.3 and 6X10 DD

Thound

I cant decide on which one to buy. I know the differences batween conc. and DD coils but I was wondering if anyone had any comments on these 2 coils. I'll mainly be using at semi trashy home sites.Also does the 5.3 eclipse perform in similiar fashion to the 950 conc. but on a diminished scale.

Thound said:
does the 5.3 eclipse perform in similiar fashion to the 950 conc. but on a diminished scale.

Yes.

IMO, if you already have a D2 or 950 coil then the 5.3 would be an addition, rather than a replacement like the 6x10 would be.

Dennis, if your minerals are low to moderate, then the 5.3 is the way to go. I hunt semi trashy residential sites and love the 5.3. The 6x10 is a good coil, but will cost you when you have sidewalks and curbs with rebar. The smaller coil will get closer and depth won't suffer much. I have no trouble finding 6-7" coins with the 5.3. Slow sweeps, very slow, is the key.
I'm in NW Texas and have not seen what conditions you face, but I'll bet you have more salt than iron minerals.
John London

Thanks for the input guys. I was up last night reading everything I found on the 5.3 and it seems like one sweet coil. No negative comments at all. And yes jalon salt is everywhere around here to some degree.even in the air. The conc. is the way to go.