Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Eclipse 5.3 Coil Question

TC-NM

I would like to know if anyone uses the Eclipse 5.3 coil with the V3? I haven't tried mine much, but I would like to know if there are different settings you use? Such as, All Metal, Disc., Mixed Mode (on/off), Recovery Delay, RX Gain, TX Boost, SAT and how about sweep speed (ground filter)?

About 90% of the time, I use the D2 coil where I hunt in moderate to highly mineralized soils. I've been hunting in older parks this summer and found alot of goodies but, I want to try the 5.3 in moderate trash infested areas. Will I gain better seperation of trash to better finds with this coil?

Again I have a Vision (Spectra V3) not a V3i or VX3.

Thanks for your time,

TC-NM

You can just go out there and use it like you do the d2. I would recommend speeding the recovery delay up so that you can see between targets, some people say do the opposite to extract more depth but it is really not needed, just swing low and slow. Gain at 10-12, all metal wherever(90 for me), disc at 88, sat at 25, discriminate or mixed which ever you prefer. 5hz band pass, just remember to go slow with this recovery delay and running this frequency. I like to run correlate and it saves me from digging a bunch of junk and getting fatigued by constant blips, so I keep my span in the 30-60 range. I have done well with these settings and it will find wheats at 7+" in trashy areas using the 5.3.

T C, I use the 5.3 Vrated coil most of the time here. I like to hunt residential yards and elementary schools for the jewelry. The 5.3 does a good job in our moderate soil. I generally am able to crank the rx up to 12+, disc around 90 and am at 75 or 80. as for recovery delay I like 70-75 and a filter of 7.5 band works good here with a sweep speed that is slow to medium. I don't feel that depth has suffered a bit with this coil. I do gave all of the other coils, but only use them in certain situations.
The D2 coils are very good in mineral conditions, but just do not perform to my liking in Amarillo's dirt! I like the 9.5 in this ground if there isn't too much trash around and the super 12, hardly ever.
In low to medium ground, I think you will like the performance of the 5.3, with the 4x6 shooter running a close second.
I hope this helps

John London

Thanks Bulbark and Jalon for all the information. I will start using the settings as described here,

TC-NM

I use the 5.3 a lot not much in the way of tweaking except to make sure it's not overloading.

It works wonderfully, and has excellent depth (picked stuff at 8 inches no problem)

Always use HiPro here.. (with a few tweaks)

I use that coil under trees a lot and love it because of it's depth and tolerance of EMI. Coaxial is solid tech.