Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Eclipse DD (6x10) or Eclipse Shooter "DD" (4x6)

doberman

Which of these coils would be more useful - I know there are some variables, high trash - coins - relics and etc. For general all around use which coil would be better and why?? Just buying a V3 nad your opinions are important to my decision of which extra coil 1st, eventually I may get them both.

Thanks

Dan

I've got a 5.3 for trashy areas but it doesn't cover much ground. You said for general hunting. I'd get the 6x10 it will have more depth, cover more ground, and separates trash very well. Rob

I ust the 4x6 shooter coil thats v rated. This coil does very good in trashy areas and gits very good depth. HH

Jerry Murphy

Between the larger and smaller elliptical Double-D coils, ....

doberman said:
For general all around use which coil would be better and why??

I would have to say the larger 6X10. It will cover a little more ground for the more open sites, and for "general" use it might be the better of the two.

Now that I have answered your specific question,I'll add that I have owned every coil White's makes for the V3/DFX/MXT/M6 models and I do NOT own, nor do I have any desire to own, the 6X10 elliptical D-D coil. Not even the little Shooter coil, even though it would be the better choice of the two you mentioned for the trashier sites.

I've used all the coils and my overall favorite is the 5.3 Eclipse. This is a 6