Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

EEE!! The next to last hole KILLED me at this schoolhouse hunt!!

Hi treasured friends....
this time we hiked deep into the forest, where once stood a little schoolhouse....one of my favorite treasure hunts to date! It's the next to last hole that made my day :)
Thank you for coming with is and happy hunting!!

https://youtu.be/A-TzmFYn_e0

Another entertaining adventure for sure... im surprised at the age of those finds as i didnt think any schools existed back then... that 2nd last find is huge...ive never found any of the large ones hole..... ? - do yous guys keep your finds from specific spots separated from your other finds?? Just curious. ... great hunt , great video....

Hi! I was surpised too to pull a 1700s coin out of that location...could have been farmland first and later on a school (?). That bell is our second to largest one we ever dug, and it sounds amazing. I keep track of our finds in the computer and on my phone, but they get put in display cases by type (buttons, coins etc)....otherwise we would have to use too many cases. We intend to donate them to historical societies after a while and only keep "special" finds that are meaningful to us, such as the bells, in my case (I love them!). Thank you for watching and happy hunting to you!!

bootyhoundpa said:
Another entertaining adventure for sure... im surprised at the age of those finds as i didnt think any schools existed back then... that 2nd last find is huge...ive never found any of the large ones hole..... ? - do yous guys keep your finds from specific spots separated from your other finds?? Just curious. ... great hunt , great video....

Hi!! No - we literally ran out of daylight, so we didn't swing the path - and it is VERY long (quite the hike!)...there are actually quite a few paths, all flanked by stone walls, that crisscross the area - a definite location to return to!! Thank you very much for watching!

After-1- said:
Thank You for the 12 minutes of relaxtion, Did you detect the path going in and out??????after1----------

Nice finds.Was that one item a top part to a circle compass ????????????????????................Awesome hunt guys.

[size=large]Thank you for sharing[/size]

Hi Elton! I am still not sure what that item was - but when I googled the closest I could find was a protractor (the top part), but might very well be a circle compass also? Either way - I love it (but not as much as the bell, lol). Thank you for watching and Happy Hunting to you!!

Elton said:
Nice finds.Was that one item a top part to a circle compass ????????????????????................Awesome hunt guys.

[size=large]Thank you for sharing[/size]

Another fine video, Dominique! Don't know much about bells but I'm supposing that is an animal bell? and from its size, a pretty big animal too! I've picked up few things living in New England my whole life and one is that where you see the stone walls was once cleared pasture or fields. Most of southern New England, at least, was deforested at one time (not sure how far up NH you're hunting) and the woods we see now are re-growth.

Two things made me chuckle about this one . . . first when Mark made it a point to tell us he was going to run to you this time (he didn't say "Eeeeeee!"), and second the closing shot of you two walking away I thought of "Survivor Man" and the fact that somebody had to go back for the camera! :rofl:

Great work!

-pete

Lol Pete!! Yes - I had to double back for the camera more than once....and only you noticed that! The bells (crotal bells) were used on any horse-drawn wagon to alert people of them coming through, and i find them all over the state - this one was number 63 since just last July - I love them, some of them are quite old and ornate, some more plain, but all beautiful! So glad we live up here in new england...sometimes we literally just walk around the woods and fields and follow the stone walls - you never know what you will stumble across!
I thought it was funny that Mark said he was going to run to me and then ran all of three steps before slowing to a walk.
I am so glad you liked the video and thank you for watching! happy hunting to you!!

quote=PSS1963]
Another fine video, Dominique! Don't know much about bells but I'm supposing that is an animal bell? and from its size, a pretty big animal too! I've picked up few things living in New England my whole life and one is that where you see the stone walls was once cleared pasture or fields. Most of southern New England, at least, was deforested at one time (not sure how far up NH you're hunting) and the woods we see now are re-growth.

Two things made me chuckle about this one . . . first when Mark made it a point to tell us he was going to run to you this time (he didn't say "Eeeeeee!"), and second the closing shot of you two walking away I thought of "Survivor Man" and the fact that somebody had to go back for the camera! :rofl:

Great work!

-pete[/quote]

Some more sick find's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man you guy's got some good spots for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!! We are very lucky to hunt in New England with its amazing history....and superfriendly people which makes obtaining permissions and researching local stories not only easier, but also fun! I am glad you liked the video!! Thank you very much for watching :)

Harold said:
Some more sick find's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man you guy's got some good spots for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Silverslingers said:
I thought it was funny that Mark said he was going to run to me and then ran all of three steps before slowing to a walk.

You just have to feed him more Dunkin' . . . the more caffeine the better! If he starts running in circles in the woods (without his detector in his hand, of course) it might be time to back off a bit! :rofl:

-pete