Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Eeking out a few more from a hammered house site....

NealNoIN

Like many of my sites it has gotten to the place where I'm digging VERY iffy and maybe signals and about half my holes end up being iron because of this. I was told by one guy that I'm doing it wrong if half my holes are iron. I'm not sure he understands what it means to hammer a site to death and only have iffy signals to dig but it seems like he doesn't. What I mean by iffy is not like when the ID says foil and it could be a nickel OR the ID gives a number for a pull tab and it could be gold. What I mean by iffy is there is a 95% chance or greater the target is iron but a small % chance it's not so I dig it. The washers, square nails, bent nails, iron rings, iron hardware are in my trash bag if anybody wants to see them. A few were not iron so it pays off when there is nothing else to dig but these. Here's what I got:

Buttons could all have been coins. Keep at it. Research for new sites at night. I don't think your doing it wrong but that with some effort you could be doing better at new sites.

Todd is correct btw great going on pulling those finds.

Nothing wrong with your results at all! I'm used to digging 75-90% junk on every hunt and may get 1-2 keepers for 2-4 hours of hunting. Keep up the good work - especially with the early Shield nickel! :clapping:

I love Eaking out Colonial relics in Virginia! Keep digging!

I have a site just like that and with all of the rain it drives my deus crazy. I have hit a lot of iron at 1-6 on the VDI and think I am going to start digging that to see what kind of iron it is...