Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

eight hours on my used mxsport.

jimmy clark

my take on my mxsport.i got the one [ used] with the waterproof headphones .I have been swinging a dfx for eighteen years I like the sport other than its heavy .but I can handle that .the waterproof headphones, pardon my expression, well their not very good . I believe the new price on them or around 130.00.well I have a pair of their cheapest land phones that I won in a hunt ,they cost about 30.00.and to me they sound the same. now my question. has any mxsport owners that have used, waterproof headphones had the following problem? I cant raise the volume of the detector over 20.if I do the audio breaks up over a target.i thought at first it was the detector ,but then I removed the phones and I raised the volume wide open and every thing was fine.I hope whites, to whom ive always liked as a company ,will correct this problem and come out with a much better headphone.and I hope they will replace my phones.

Hey Jimmy. I have wondered about the sport. Thanks for posting. Did you get any answers from White’s about your headphones?

Not yet. I sent them an email the other day but I may have to call them tomorrow. The sport is a good detector. It weights the same as my DFX, but it feels heavier. Ill use it mostly for water hunting. Ill be making a self built swingy thing. that will help with the weight. like I said its a nice machine but I cant stop using my DFX. best IDing detector Ive ever used for the kind of hunting I do. but its just not a depth demon.

i used to have a sport, i took and plasti dipped the headphone connection where it plugs into the supplied connecter (not the detector itself). i was then waterproof up to my neck

I decided not to send the headphones in,an spend the money for postage .like I said I can run the volume to 20 an from there to 30, which is full volume,they cause the signal to break up. I can hear ok on 20 so that's where ill leave it. I guess the coils in the phones or weak, an wont take full voltage to them.