Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Eisenhower shows up

dahut

Went and bothered the dirt and sand at a local tot lot.
This one was an elementary school near the house.
My knees aren't what they once were, so I gravitate towards the easy digging found in the sand and wood chips of these places.
Casual detecting suits my style, anyway.

I was early, and a yearling deer had to share the play ground with me.
He wasn't really happy about it, but it couldn't be helped. He kept wandering over to look at me, and each time I moved or turned in his direction he would scamper off.
This happened two or three times, that I knew, and I finally found the broken section of fence he had been using to enter and exit the schoolyard. My guess is that he has set up camp in this wooded, secluded place, now that school is out for the summer. At least half of the 10-12 acre play yard behind the school is wooded - and fenced. This deer probably feels secure there.

There weren't a lot of finds, and the going was tedious at times. But I managed to exceed quota, in a few unique ways...

image_zps55a549d8.jpg

The Pouch Dump.
I normally just shove everything in the pouch as I'm searching. All trash, doohickeys, coins... Everything just goes in. Then I dump it at the end and filter it out. It's like a second treasure hunt. (and if anyone ever asks what I've found, I just show them the overflowing trash. They go away, then)

image_zpsf7a54690.jpg

The Gleanings
All the usual suspects are present.
Lots of foil, as I'm not afraid to recover it in a sand lot.
Some cheap jewelry, earrings, a skull ring and an ferrous cross.
30 coins, even, two of which were special:
1 - Eisenhower Dollar
1 - $100 Mexican Pesos coin, 1987.
The Ike is worth a dollar, the 100 pesos is valued right at 'nunca,' aka, 'nada' as in a big fat nuttin.

But both were unexpected, so that makes them COOL.

Thanks for looking.
HH
David

A big variety of stuff you got there!!! You don't find the big older dollar coins too often so that's a great find! At least 'Bambi' wasn't a bear!!! and you didn't have to cut your hunt short! A great haul congrats!!

Goldstrike said:
A big variety of stuff you got there!!! You don't find the big older dollar coins too often so that's a great find! At least 'Bambi' wasn't a bear!!! and you didn't have to cut your hunt short! A great haul congrats!!
Deer are not unusual at these rural schools.
I've found 4 Ike dollars over the years, including this one.
You don't see em much, for sure