Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Eldorado Umax middle pole replacement

oppie

Long story short: I lent my Eldorado Umax to a friend and it was returned less the middle pole section :confused: When I called Tesoro and tried to purchase a replacement, I was referred to a dealer. So far no dealer carries them. One dealer has been talking to Tesoro isn't sure how to resolve this. The suggestion is perhaps to use a pole from another detector. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I'll wait for the dealers response on Monday, but it sounds like I may need to start planning ahead. Thanks.

Oppie

Put a wanted thread on the forum or check Ebay regularly. I've seen them come up from time to time. However, maybe not as quickly as you'd like.
BB

Just a thought and I am sure you asked probably but did they loose it or just forget to send it back Also not sure if its still there but saw one on the big auction site last week with the lower rod as well

Thanks for the suggestions. I have seen some middle rods after Google searching (why didn't I think of that!). It appears that the middle pole is the same across the Tesoro line. Is that correct? If so, that will make the purchase much easier. Thanks to all for your helpful suggestions.

It really sucks when Tesoro won't sell you a replacement part and save you the aggreavation of having to purchase one thru a dealer that has to order it anyways.
I will PM you with a link that has Tesoro middle rods as well as any rods from other manufacturers.

Thanks Sven. I have great thing to say about Tesoro, but I have to admit I was surprised they require me to go thru a dealer. Though it's probably part of the dealer contract. I think I found one on line, but having options is always great. I appreciate it.

Oppie

I'm glad to say that I was able to purchase a middle for from Rusty at Tesoro who, himself, happens to be a dealer. Rusty is quite a guy and I really appreciate his assistance. He will certainly be getting my purchase business in the future!

oppie said:
I'm glad to say that I was able to purchase a middle for from Rusty at Tesoro who, himself, happens to be a dealer. Rusty is quite a guy and I really appreciate his assistance. He will certainly be getting my purchase business in the future!

They don't come any better than Rusty Henry. I always give him a call if I need something or just want some good honest advice.

tabman

disregard, i see you found one