Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Eldorado uMax Tips and Trick... Do you have any?

TC-NM

All,

Picked up an Eldorado w/9x8 std. coil and was wondering if someone has experience, tips, coils, etc. they would like to share?

I've had an Vaquero in the past. What in comparison do you guys and gals think about both of them?

Thanks for the help,

TC-NM

I've had my Eldorado for 12 years...great detector. Not sure if I can give you tips if you've been detecting for 40 years, and I cant compare it with the Vaquero.....one suggestion I can make is to keep the volume in your headphones as low as you comfortably can do, and with a bit of practice you will be able to tell the difference between coins/rings and junk...most of the time. The discrimination works very very well and sizing targets in all metal is very helpful. Detecting in all metal with the Eldorado can be very productive in some areas. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. HH

I concur with Furious T. I've had one for a number of years and it's one detector I'll always keep. Really like it.
BB

My favorite Tesoro , The Eldo. micro-max Great machine and the all-metal mode is superior.
I have found tiny gold with this unit and when it does it makes a very unique sound. That's my
experience. I feel with Tesoros the higher conductives that are a hair deeper won't ring
out as well with a higher discrim. setting. Keep the disc. setting low and sens.high where
applicable.Tesoros lose depth fast with higher disc. settings as with any unit for the
most part.My first silver with the Eldo. was a 64' quarter and disced. out at pull tab.
That quarter was 6 inches roughly. Eye opening experience for me. Very repeatable signal but just
scratchy. The Eldorado micro-max is a DEFINITE KEEPER!!! Great unit... It's my main tot-lot detector.
silverseeker 2

Thanks a bunch to all that responded. I will focus on discrimination and sensitivity settings for my area.

TC-NM

Just got an Eldorado and was very pleased to learn its coils (5 pin) are interchangeable with my Outlaw coils!